Reverser set ups

ramtough01

Working on my reverser set up and was wondering what everyone has done for the trans brake of the reverser. I have a profab reverser. Also if anyone has pictures what they did

Use a slave cylinder, seems like the pull type work best. Then install a secondary brake/clutch pedal to operate it. A second option is to install a hand brake type lever on the shifter so you can squeeze it when you have your hand on the lever. No need for an extra pedal.

I've never used one on a profab but here's a picture of one I've done for a SCS. I simply ran the slave cylinder to the engine plate.

IMG_3206.JPG

Yea I was thinking about the hand brake set up on the shifter. Just hopefully someone chimes in with pictures

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Mine is a lever on the same pivot point as the shifter. Its pretty simple and don't cost much to make it work. I will try to get some pics later this week.

Mine is a lever on the same pivot point as the shifter. Its pretty simple and don't cost much to make it work. I will try to get some pics later this week.

Thanks. Also there has to be more people on here that have set ups. Im just mostly looking for how the trans brake is set up

My pics are not the best, but basically I created a lever on the same pivot as the shifter. It attaches to a bent piece of flat stock that pivots on top of the tunnel and goes to another piece of flat stock that goes to the brake on the SCS trans/reverser. You only need about 1/4" of movement for the brake to work with the SCS.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Picture0522181846_1.jpg
    Picture0522181846_1.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture0522181845_1.jpg
    Picture0522181845_1.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture0522181842_1.jpg
    Picture0522181842_1.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 0
My pics are not the best, but basically I created a lever on the same pivot as the shifter. It attaches to a bent piece of flat stock that pivots on top of the tunnel and goes to another piece of flat stock that goes to the brake on the SCS trans/reverser. You only need about 1/4" of movement for the brake to work with the SCS.
Hope this helps.

Mines a profab but does give me a ideal. Also does anyone know where a person can get a shield made to go over the shaft between reverser and drop box and not cost a arm and leg to have made.

Back