your thoughts please....

Using 8" rods would put you at 1.6:1, the same as a stock 5.9. Getting pistons made with that pin height would be no big deal, or if you have enough top ring land, a deck spacer would work also.

...and the typical deckplate build nets a 1.75 ratio, closer to optimal. Some of the best engineered engines in the world with the highest hp/ci ratio run closer to 2:1. I understand what is trying to be accomplished, I'm just looking at it from an all out performance and longevity standpoint.

...and the typical deckplate build nets a 1.75 ratio, closer to optimal. Some of the best engineered engines in the world with the highest hp/ci ratio run closer to 2:1. I understand what is trying to be accomplished, I'm just looking at it from an all out performance and longevity standpoint.

I agree. If I wanted to get a premium rod ratio with one of these blocks, I'd deck plate it and run a thin repair liner. It would still be much easier and cheaper to deck plate than a OEM block.

It would be nice to have a taller block and I'd imagine that will happen at some point.

3d printed sand keeps breaking before molds are assembled.

We are now moving forward with just a deckplate cast in version and a second version with .080 thicker cylinder walls but with .080" thinner outside block walls.

3d printed sand keeps breaking before molds are assembled.

We are now moving forward with just a deckplate cast in version and a second version with .080 thicker cylinder walls but with .080" thinner outside block walls.
Deckplate blocks still on track for production?

Tooling is finished. In queue fpr pouring final text pieces. Everything will be tge same except material will be better on final production. We have to do 50 pieces minimum to use the entire smelter on custom alloys so its not feasible on test runs.

I am hoping after final tooling costs it is under 3k, ready to run with 7 cam bearings, 14mm mains and drilled and tapped for 14mm head studs

So what kind of details can you give us on the new blocks you speak of? Are they available now? Feel free to Pm me if necessary?

The blocks and head have hit some walls and we have had to change the casting a bit which has meant some delays. We should have six blocks and heads at the end of November.

I apologize for the delays.

Back