Ya!!!

I think air ride will be the biggest selling point now. That's pretty darn cool, and if the 6.7 is offered with the option of air ride, thats even better!

ok, i KNOW im going to get flamed for this BUT, why does everyone want a smooth caddy like ride out of a 3.4 and 1 ton truck???? wasn't the purpose of a TRUCK to ride kinda stiff? or am i totally off based and in the wrong generation?

Just imagine driving a few Hours empty with a case of the Hemorrhoids....You'll understand then...LOL

wideopen i drove my 72 IH as a cab and chassis(cab no bed pickup type truck) for 5 or 6 months with no wight and it was stiff, but no hemmorides :) even a few road trips in it. personally i think it rides/handels better with drop i beam and leaf springs on all 4 corners, but that is just me

when a 3/4 ton rides worse than a Peterbilt there's definitely room for improvement, I personally think the air-ride is long overdue, can't wait to drive one.

Looks like I might be getting rid of my faithful 15 year old blue oval for a new ram... I think I might be able to see the same MPGs in this new Ram with a stick.

IF you can find one with it. just kinda bumms be out that a 2013(in manual trim) only makes 65 lb/ft more thatn my 90 Cat :(

It's really awesome to see Ram offering some innovation to this segment. They have really been doing a great job over the past few years. Has anyone put much seat time in a 385/850 truck with the Aisen? I would like to know their opinion on the transmission when loaded, i.e. towing 15,000 lbs or so. I drove one about a week ago, and it ran good, but I still feel like the 6.7L Power Stroke has the nod unloaded when it comes to speed.

ok, i KNOW im going to get flamed for this BUT, why does everyone want a smooth caddy like ride out of a 3.4 and 1 ton truck???? wasn't the purpose of a TRUCK to ride kinda stiff? or am i totally off based and in the wrong generation?

Why are you using a computer when you could be using a telegraph or, better yet, smoke signals?

Why would you WANT a rough ride? :confused:

IF you can find one with it. just kinda bumms be out that a 2013(in manual trim) only makes 65 lb/ft more thatn my 90 Cat :(

That might be a bummer for you, but If I'm comparing it to my old early 1999 7.3l with the ZF-6-50 M/T, I believe it's a huge improvement. What bumms me is they have yet to be able to get rid of that stupid archaic POS DPF system!
:bang

OP, why not learn to let your product stand for itself, not some stupid assed piece of paper that could get lost in the mail, just sayin.

Called Dave Smith today to price a 2013 and then was told the 2014's will be about the same invoice price. Then I heard about the 5 link rear with coils or air ride. Wow I gotta get me one of these. Nevermind about gettin a 2013.

I wanna drive one with the five link. Air ride and coils if I can. I think its great what ram is doing

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Got a friend that has one of the 385/850. Grossed 32k (truck, trailer and 2 pulling tractors) over one of the nastiest hills I know. 3 1/2mile hill with switch backs and all. My 2011 f250 downshifted multi times empty. This thing didn't loaded and kept pace. I will be on the phone tomorrow to order a 3500 to go with my 4500 and 5500 already ordered. Kinda regretting getting the 5500 now seeing how well the 3500 did.

I have 2 old dinosaurs I guess ..... an 87 F250 w/7.3IDI N/A .... and a 12V 96 215..... I drool and dream about even a early 6.7 truck.... but I do like the looks of the 6.7 f-350's ..... and they do ride quite nice ..... cant wait for the new 2014 with coils .... might just have to sell the oil burners off and get a new truck .... wife will appritiate the smooth ride im sure ...LOL

In addition to these three engine options, Ram has upgraded the following components to ensure longevity, reliability, fuel economy, and tow/payload capacity.
• Upgraded high efficiency mechanical fan & dual radiators keep the Cummins cool under extreme loads and operating conditions.
• Dual transmission coolers ensure the life of your automatic transmission.
• Improved efficiency intercooler (charge-air-cooler or CAC) with reported 25% better heat dissipation.
• New and improved exhaust brake.
• Larger EGR cooler and the introduction of the SCR system, which requires the use of urea/DEF and yields 10% better fuel economy.
• New, stronger frame material. Frame is fully boxed in the rear, wider in certain sections to reduce roll, and contains 8 cross members.
• Front axle disconnect system for improved fuel economy, massive 11.8" rear axle.
• Upgraded receiver system allows up to 1,800 lbs. tongue weight and 17,000 lbs. conventional towing.

In other words, the 13+ 6.7 is nearly the same as the prior 6.7 except for ECM tuning and emissions systems and it doesn't need its own sub-forum.

Back