Acerts compounds on a 6nz?

ktllc15

I've been researching this for awhile but unfortunately it's hard to find much other than people that want to ditch the twins and go single. Found a few mentions of people doing it on 3406's and c15's but no details.

Any one personally done it? What were your results? As far as I can tell it should just be a bolt on but are there any changes that need to be made to the ecm?

I also looked into pdi's stupid expensive kit ($10k) and as far as I can tell the HP turbo is an s475 and the lp is a Perkins industrial s500. Really doesn't appear like it'd be all too hard to set it up once you found the right turbos. I'm planning on going to flowed 58's and 800 marine cam in the near future would the acerts work decent or would it be better to run more common turbos and set it up like pdi's?

We sell acert remans for $2600 outright if you decide to go this route. Our sister company usually has the piping and other odds and ends laying around as well.

The acert compounds are tough to beat for a working truck.

Turbos I've got covered and the piping I'll make myself since I want to change up how they're positioned. And it'd give me a good excuse to drag the Tig out. I run out west mostly so I spend a fair amount of time in the mountains. Compounds sure seem like they'd work well.

My one big question though before I begin going down this road is will it need custom tuning right out of the gate? I've got cat et and factory password generator but that still limits me to factory cat files and I'm not really aware of anyone in my area that knows how to read and edit the maps.

Turbos I've got covered and the piping I'll make myself since I want to change up how they're positioned. And it'd give me a good excuse to drag the Tig out. I run out west mostly so I spend a fair amount of time in the mountains. Compounds sure seem like they'd work well.

My one big question though before I begin going down this road is will it need custom tuning right out of the gate? I've got cat et and factory password generator but that still limits me to factory cat files and I'm not really aware of anyone in my area that knows how to read and edit the maps.
Turbo changes always need custom tuning.

I understand the sentiment for both of you.

It doesn't HAVE to have tuning, but I would want it in order to take advantage of the available air.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I understand the sentiment for both of you.

It doesn't HAVE to have tuning, but I would want it in order to take advantage of the available air.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I never said it wouldn’t be better... he things everything has to have “custom” tunes put in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Turbo changes always need custom tuning.

Cat guys can't do any tuning, just swapping tunes. AFAIK. Except for the top end guys.

AFAIC, as long as the ECM does NOT control the turbo I don't see why any tuning would be needed specific to the turbo.

I've been researching this for awhile but unfortunately it's hard to find much other than people that want to ditch the twins and go single. Found a few mentions of people doing it on 3406's and c15's but no details.

Any one personally done it? What were your results? As far as I can tell it should just be a bolt on but are there any changes that need to be made to the ecm?

I also looked into pdi's stupid expensive kit ($10k) and as far as I can tell the HP turbo is an s475 and the lp is a Perkins industrial s500. Really doesn't appear like it'd be all too hard to set it up once you found the right turbos. I'm planning on going to flowed 58's and 800 marine cam in the near future would the acerts work decent or would it be better to run more common turbos and set it up like pdi's?

Acert twins are good for a working truck up to roughly 800hp. They will fit on a 6NZ if you make a plate to bolt the acert bracket to. If you don't mind making your own piping the sky is the limit. Just need to know your final HP goal to choose turbos.

Personally I wouldn't run 58's, you can get more power out of your stock 57's than most guys can use in a working truck. The cam is good for and extra free 100hp, I say free because you don't have to change anything else to gain it.

Don't listen to anything Leiffi says, he's the resident European window licker that thinks he knows everything about everything but hasn't ever backed anything up.

Cat guys can't do any tuning, just swapping tunes. AFAIK. Except for the top end guys.

AFAIC, as long as the ECM does NOT control the turbo I don't see why any tuning would be needed specific to the turbo.
MOST cat guys is correct, unlike Detroit that a monkey can tune Cat takes some talent!:poke:

Acert twins are good for a working truck up to roughly 800hp. They will fit on a 6NZ if you make a plate to bolt the acert bracket to. If you don't mind making your own piping the sky is the limit. Just need to know your final HP goal to choose turbos.

Personally I wouldn't run 58's, you can get more power out of your stock 57's than most guys can use in a working truck. The cam is good for and extra free 100hp, I say free because you don't have to change anything else to gain it.

Don't listen to anything Leiffi says, he's the resident European window licker that thinks he knows everything about everything but hasn't ever backed anything up.

MOST cat guys is correct, unlike Detroit that a monkey can tune Cat takes some talent!:poke:
Pay attention to what this guy says ^^^^^^^^

From the guy that said his tune was spot on, just not for the turbo he was runnin..... I see why you catch soo much chit now

He catches chit because this is at least the 3rd forum he’s been on spreading his euro BS. NEVER backed up anything with real hard facts. Couldn’t tune a radio but knows all there is to know about ecm tuning.

The plate you need to bolt the Acert bracket to block.
c8e428d716ba78ae3bd991631b6d508a.jpg

This is a 2WS with them
3fa809f9c27699f6ac133b4838b1c078.jpg

5EK
9ed5ad7c2e12969f7ac34ad418e3aca9.jpg

6NZ
7ddf389c95416f63d563112ddc9fd3db.jpg

You get the point.

Back