View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 07:06 AM   #1
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
2009 suburban ABS, stability and brake light

What kind of end play should the rear axles have? The story below leads up to my question.

So driving home the other day and came to a stoplight. The ABS, Stability light, and brake(dash light) came on. I drove another 8 miles to the house, with everything apparently functioning fine. My android torque scanner picked up no codes. Get home take 2 braking system fuses out(put them bback in) and start vehicle and trouble lights are off. So I think wheel speed sensor. In the last month I have put brakes all the way around, this week, I had tires put on all the way around and a front alignment, so I looked at wheel speed connectors, etc, did some jiggling nothing obvious. So I hear a little creak as I am moving around (I assume it was the caliber moving in and out as I lean on drives side rear tire) Grab the floor jack, lift the rearend. I notice I can slide the rear tire in and out(more than I feel comfortable) so I pull tires off and tear it apart looking for something obvious. NOTTA! no excessive oil coming out of axle seal. Just dropped the pan, nothing major(coating of metal on magnet), oil didn't smell burnt, no chunks.

So my question is, what kind of end play should the axle have?
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Last edited by zstroken; 05-27-2017 at 07:09 AM.