The new DD

Yes, go to the GM website and you can build it and select different stuff you want and see how much you'll pay.

Different engine, trans, obviously body and interior. Oz tuner already has tuning for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the changes on the gen2?

I haven't driven a Gen 2 yet, but it is much lighter than the Gen 1 and supposed to be more refined of a car of course...

I believe the Diesel version is technically cheaper now since it is not only available heavily loaded as it was with leather and all for the 1st Gens...

Does anyone know the changes on the gen2?

Guy on the CruzeTalk Facebook page upgraded from a Gen 1 to Gen 2 sedan and 6mt. Has had it for 2-3 months now and close to 10k miles. At 5k, he was getting 52mpg highway and it started at 48mpg off the lot.

I cannot remember if it was R&T or C&D that did a quick mileage test with the sedan auto. 55mph, no a/c, rolling Cali hills, 150 some mile circuit, cruise control. 70mpg.

Thank you , Jeremy.

Had some 35% tint put on the car Saturday by Darius at A Touch of Glass Tinting. He was "4warned" on here with the green ZF6 Silverado.

Buick Verano 18" wheels fit perfect and look a lot better than the original 17s. The old wheels are on my friend's Grand Prix now and honestly, they look great on that car.

Bought the 50hp tune from Trifecta and there is a noticeable difference in performance. Their trans tuning helped a lot.

Ive found that this car gets better mileage at 75mph than it does at 70. Someone explain that one to me, b/c I dont understand it.

Ive put off the "parts lightening" until later, as Im not having any new issues with the emissions. Most of the problems I had were due to one pressure sensor getting confused, so I bought a cheap code reader and erase the code if it comes up. No problems since.

Added factory nav silverbox and control head from a 2015 Equinox. Used an Ebay GPS antenna, and found a place that reprogrammed the nav for my car. Works great!

Just have to find a decent 5-ch amp for the stereo now. Then I should be done.

Attachments

• tint front.jpg
    tint front.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 0
  • tint rear.jpg
    tint rear.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 0
  • Marks GP.jpg
    Marks GP.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Is your car lowered at all? Those wheels look good on there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I've got a 2012 gasser with the 6 speed manual and love it! Been averaging just over 41mpg on paper during my 75 mile round trip daily commute.

Attachments

• 29512361_10213429417943908_7437972827900215296_o.jpg
    29512361_10213429417943908_7437972827900215296_o.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 0
Thank you , Jeremy.

Had some 35% tint put on the car Saturday by Darius at A Touch of Glass Tinting. He was "4warned" on here with the green ZF6 Silverado.

Buick Verano 18" wheels fit perfect and look a lot better than the original 17s. The old wheels are on my friend's Grand Prix now and honestly, they look great on that car.

Bought the 50hp tune from Trifecta and there is a noticeable difference in performance. Their trans tuning helped a lot.

Ive found that this car gets better mileage at 75mph than it does at 70. Someone explain that one to me, b/c I dont understand it.

Ive put off the "parts lightening" until later, as Im not having any new issues with the emissions. Most of the problems I had were due to one pressure sensor getting confused, so I bought a cheap code reader and erase the code if it comes up. No problems since.

Added factory nav silverbox and control head from a 2015 Equinox. Used an Ebay GPS antenna, and found a place that reprogrammed the nav for my car. Works great!

I agree that the wheels look good on there for sure!!!

My 1st Gen Cruze diesel seems to get better mileage at 74-76 than 69-71 as well... Must be a sweet spot in the powerband at that RPM that makes it more efficient.

Thank you , Jeremy.

The wheels were a direct bolt on with no adapters correct? Any rubbing or other fitment issues? What size tires?

Thanks,
CT

The wheels were a direct bolt on with no adapters correct? Any rubbing or other fitment issues? What size tires?

Thanks,
CT

Yep, direct bolt on. Verano's and Cruze Diesel's both have the same bolt circle, same suspension, same brakes, etc.

Cruze Diesel -- 7Jx17 -- offset 44mm -- 5x115 b/c -- M12x1.5 lugs -- hub dia 70.2mm
Buick Verano -- 8Jx18 -- offset 46mm -- 5x115 b/c -- M12x1.5 lugs -- hub dia 70.3mm

I use Wheel-Size.com for comparisons.
It is an excellent resource for wheel research.

I am running 235/45/18 Kumho Solus TA71 -- Same diameter as the Cruze's OEM 215/55/17, but about an inch wider.

Last edited:
Yep, direct bolt on. Verano's and Cruze Diesel's both have the same bolt circle, same suspension, same brakes, etc.

Cruze Diesel -- 7Jx17 -- offset 44mm -- 5x115 b/c -- M12x1.5 lugs -- hub dia 70.2mm
Buick Verano -- 8Jx18 -- offset 46mm -- 5x115 b/c -- M12x1.5 lugs -- hub dia 70.3mm

I use Wheel-Size.com for comparisons.
It is an excellent resource for wheel research.

I am running 235/45/18 Kumho Solus TA71 -- Same diameter as the Cruze's OEM 215/55/17, but about an inch wider.

Good info, thanks.

I believe the Cadillac ATS is the same as well. I hope to upgrade my Cruze to the ATS Brembo brakes soon and will let everyone know if it works or not.

Good info, thanks.

I believe the Cadillac ATS is the same as well. I hope to upgrade my Cruze to the ATS Brembo brakes soon and will let everyone know if it works or not.
Yes, it is the same basic chassis. Hmmm...didn't think about better brakes, as the stockers are pretty good. Definitely keep us informed on what you find out.

Yes, it is the same basic chassis. Hmmm...didn't think about better brakes, as the stockers are pretty good. Definitely keep us informed on what you find out.

I have the parts, just haven't had the time... Going from my 06 TDI that was upgraded with Porsche Boxster front brakes and EBC pads and rotors the Cruze brakes are sorely lacking... I have the ATS 4-piston Brembo calipers, Red Stuff EBC pads and EBC rotors for the Cruze/ATS I just haven't had time... Hopefully I will get to it sometime soon...:snoop:

Back