View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 12:35 AM   #8
GSM-01

Name: GSM-01
Title: Can turn wrenches
Member`s Gallery
Well, theres a thing about the diesel program. Everyone hates everyone else. Each guy that has a diesel truck thinks its better than everyone else's. I think I had one friend that had a diesel truck up there. They all talked s**t and no one could back it up. One kid actually stepped up to me once racing up over Route 15. It wasn't a happy race for me, he just kept blocking me. I finally took the burm and passed him (not smart but if your going to race, do it right).

Sones wants the truck to be done, but never lets anyone work on it.... I don't get it. I finally said screw it and started working on it myself with my buddy Micah.

Every new kid thinks they know more than the others. One kid told me once you cannot get 1000hp out of an diesel pickup truck no matter what you are doing to it. Then he turned to me and said his truck had 675hp with a Banks system on it... (Not bashing Banks but I couldn't believe that remark)

When you take engines you will see who has it and who doesn't. My one buddy and I raced to see who could get their L10 done first and with better power. We got them done so early we dynoed both, he beat me by 2hp but he still says it was a tie.

Some people are smart there, however, alot aren't. I have worked on rigs for a while now so I knew what was going to happen from the beginning plus I grew up in Williamsport. The drag truck sort of just fell into my hands. No one was working on it and the previous owners were thinking of buying it back since there was no progress.

It has an E7 Mach engine in it. The pump and injector stuff I cannot say online cause the previous owner doesn't want anyone to know they had their hands in on it but if you go there and start working on it you will know who did what and if not, get at me, I can tell you what may need to be done if there are still unknowns. The guys that actually do work on it, its like a faternity and we like to keep things to ourselves since it isn't done. The truck will be there for a while as I said, Sones doesn't work on it, his kids wrestling season is way to important to take a weekend and actually get it where it needs to be.

Antrim told us the tunes we had were 800hp from what they saw of it which is alot for a reg cab single tandem truck. The thing goes. If no one is working on it when you get there, get ahold of me, Sones doesn't realize it but we blue printed most of the truck so we know where things need to go and what needs to be done. We just have to get people that know what they are doing to do it.