View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #10
GSM-01

Name: GSM-01
Title: Can turn wrenches
Member`s Gallery
When did you stop and visit? Other than my truck and another kid named Jesse up there, the rest really have nothing. The Blue 7.3 lifted with stacks has a EGR system sealed off for an exhuast brake. There is a Maroon one (not my new one) that is running ok. He might have been one with the problem you say. He has full cut DVs, 330 injectors, Garrett T61 turbo, 4k GSK, 4in exh and the Haisley Plate. The truck ran pretty nice but the kid has to learn what he is doing. I got him the parts and he said he could do it. I figured it wasn't that hard to do DVs and GSK. Well he comes back and it wouldnt rev above 2200rpms without falling flat on his face. I check over all of it and all was good. I told him he was gettin rack float because the supply to the rack wasn't there. He sat around for 5 months with it before he finally changed his lift pump out. He kept telling me I was wrong and once he changed it the thing ran beautiful.

The other trucks include a blue 02 dodge, he has a nice single, injectors, along with some good prgramming be got form me. There was a DMAX but they kicked him out of the school after he put his hand in the turbo.... Erik runs a nice setup but its not all the impressive. He gets all his stuff from a friend. He said he had 5k GSK and when I free revved it, it went to 3200 and topped out. So no go on the 5k kit...

Alot of the kids know what they are talking about when it comes to big rigs, just not pickups. But they only know stock or options from factory, no major power things. You will have a couple people you will like and I have been gettin some of my local women friends to start going for Diesel Tech and they love it cause they know more than most of the men and its funny.

Depending on when you visited I might have been there with the truck as my icon. There are really few trucks there that run. And the most powerful truck I thought would race me, Jesse, wouldn't race me because he said I smoked him. There are a couple trucks in town too that are ok, nothing special though.

In all seriousness I don't see why you would want to come here. The education is not that good. Some teachers are good but most are just, well, not. I was talking to Weston about ya the other day and my buddies that goes to school with me overheard me saying to Wes that you wanted to come all the way from Utah to go here. My buddies looked at me, and both said "don't let him do it, that's one of the stupidest moves he wil do" You see we are an Affiliate of Penn State. Penn State is a very nice, well know college, as if I didn't have to state that. But, they don't want to be related to gear heads, and its obvious by the funding and cuts we have had to take. If you got to the ESC, your like an outcast to most of the rest of the school. The only people that go over the mountain to the ESC are the tree huggers, tree killers and diesel boys. Half the engines in the rooms you will never see in your entire life of working under the hoods. I got an L10 cause I knew what it was and knew I could play with it. The teachers really didn't know we played with them, we just asked to dyno them, after we dynoed them and saw numbers they knew we played with them.

I'm actually moving to MO to take some schooling out there at OTC which has way better equipment than PCT. I was out visiting a few friends and stopped in and saw what they had and it jsut blew me away. They had up to date engines and all types of stuff. Its why I dropped out of PCT. I was going there and paying $5,500 a semester to learn nothing. I slept through every class but two in Fuel Systems and one of the two I didn't sleep through I taught cause there was a bet with the teacher I didn't know what I was talking about. Anyways, I got a A+ in the class and only ever learned what VE for the Bosch VE pumps stood for, and I forget that I think. That and 15 is to young, 36 is too old and 24 is just right (1-5-3-6-2-4 firing order) and I knew the firing order, just a cool little saying to go with it. It was a waste of my money to me but that's just my opinion.

Last edited by GSM-01; 05-04-2007 at 11:08 PM.