The Offical FASS/HPFP/DDRP Question's Thread

Diesel-Dan

Just another Texas Boy...
I’m starting this thread due to the amt of PM's i have been getting as of late, a lot coving the exact same questions. I have left my PM's on here on this site but feel its starting to get overwhelming to keep up. I would rather have questions posted up in a public format and give a thread for folks to search to look for answers. If a PM is needed, ill instigate and we can take it from there.

More or less this is a general FASS products thread to help give anyone that might have any questions, answers. If you want to keep in touch of updates, look above to “Thread Options” and click on “Subscribe”. This has worked well on other sites and figure i might as well implement here.

Please stay on topic and no brand bashing. I will promptly have all questionable threads removed as this will not be the place.

Thank yall for your understanding........

I'll start with the PM I sent you earlier so everyone can find out.

What are the fitting sizes/threads etc on a FASS for those who want to make their own big line kits.

Inlet from tank-
Outlet to injection pump-
Outlet for return to tank-

Does the FASS have an internal pressure switch that will shut it off? Reason I ask is a couple times mine has stopped running, but once I start the truck it starts running again, and it may have done it more than that but I just noticed it doing this. This also only started (that I know of) since I went from a 10 micron to a 3 micron filter.

I'll start with the PM I sent you earlier so everyone can find out.

What are the fitting sizes/threads etc on a FASS for those who want to make their own big line kits.

Inlet from tank-
Outlet to injection pump-
Outlet for return to tank-

Assuming we are working with a 150 series:

• Inlet from tank on FASS - 1/2" Female NPT
  • Outlet to injection pump on FASS - 1/2" Female NPT
  • Outlet for return to tank on FASS - -8 AN (1/2" Female Flare needed)

Appreciate the consideration….

Does the FASS have an internal pressure switch that will shut it off? Reason I ask is a couple times mine has stopped running, but once I start the truck it starts running again, and it may have done it more than that but I just noticed it doing this. This also only started (that I know of) since I went from a 10 micron to a 3 micron filter.

First off get a gauge so you can monitor when this happens more accurately. BUT, No. The FASS doesnt have any pressure switch where it will cut off once a certian pressure is met.

Something else is going on here....you might want to check the relay, and any electrical connections....(BATT, stock harness, etc.)

First off get a gauge so you can monitor when this happens more accurately. BUT, No. The FASS doesnt have any pressure switch where it will cut off once a certian pressure is met.

Something else is going on here....you might want to check the relay, and any electrical connections....(BATT, stock harness, etc.)

Ok I will do that and let you know.... Thank You :rockwoot:

Pat, don't know how your FASS is wired on your Ford but on my Dodge it runs through the factory wiring for the in-tank pump. It will shut off on its own in mine before I start the truck up sometimes. Don't know why it does it as there is no pressure switch that would tell the ECM pressure is up and to shut off the pump. This happens more often after truck is warmed up than when it is cold on mine. It may just be the way the ECM or PCM request fuel.

Dan. i am in the process of p-pumping my 24 valve. i run a FASS 95gph, will that be enough for my pump? i plan on flowing at least 500cc of fuel. if not whats the cheapest way i can upgrade to what i need? thanks.

Dan. i am in the process of p-pumping my 24 valve. i run a FASS 95gph, will that be enough for my pump? i plan on flowing at least 500cc of fuel. if not whats the cheapest way i can upgrade to what i need? thanks.

Well...honestly....500cc is a moderate amt of fuel...so the 95 might be able to keep up. The best thing i can tell you is try it...see how the pressure does...then if it dont hold....then we can talk 120 GPH upgrade (90ish GPH @ 45psi). The 95 GPH pump can push 45 PSI and live......so....i can get you springs if you get a me a Serial Number when you are ready to mess with it.

Dan, are the filter cross reference tables for the 150 the same for the 200gph pumps? Thanks!

Dan, are the filter cross reference tables for the 150 the same for the 200gph pumps? Thanks!

It all depends.....you talking 95 series or 150 Series?

95/200: NO (This is a 95 Series pump)

150/200: Yes (This is a 150 Series pump)

Pat, don't know how your FASS is wired on your Ford but on my Dodge it runs through the factory wiring for the in-tank pump. It will shut off on its own in mine before I start the truck up sometimes. Don't know why it does it as there is no pressure switch that would tell the ECM pressure is up and to shut off the pump. This happens more often after truck is warmed up than when it is cold on mine. It may just be the way the ECM or PCM request fuel.

Yea I think I found the problem, just a loose power connection. Now I need to get a fuse block so I can have 3 hot and 4 keyed posts... then I can wire the FASS and other stuff in permanently. Just need to bribe my wiring guy with more Mtn. Dew :rockwoot:

Mine doesn't have an in tank pump, it's not a normal fuel system, so it was wired and plumbed special... Hey Dan do we need to change the 3 micron more often than I did the 10 micron? And if so how often?

Yea I think I found the problem, just a loose power connection. Now I need to get a fuse block so I can have 3 hot and 4 keyed posts... then I can wire the FASS and other stuff in permanently. Just need to bribe my wiring guy with more Mtn. Dew :rockwoot:

Mine doesn't have an in tank pump, it's not a normal fuel system, so it was wired and plumbed special... Hey Dan do we need to change the 3 micron more often than I did the 10 micron? And if so how often?

JB does wiring....:bang

I am in fabrication.LOL

pump only to fuel system upgrade?

The dealership mis-understood my instruction, instead of installing the whole system they installed the 95gph pump only. I asked if they would see if an upgrade is possible for a reasonable price and they told me that it would cost 440 dollars and well thats not too reasonable. Is an upgrade available and if so for how much?

The dealership mis-understood my instruction, instead of installing the whole system they installed the 95gph pump only. I asked if they would see if an upgrade is possible for a reasonable price and they told me that it would cost 440 dollars and well thats not too reasonable. Is an upgrade available and if so for how much?

Man...sorry to hear of your situation...but unfortunately we don’t offer a upgrade kit for the HPFP to the FASS at this time. I’m probably guessing that your dealer got a quote from me on the conversions…we can do it…but the parts are just more expensive by them selves then in the kit form. Kinda like a Big-Mac Meal…..getting everything separate instead of getting the meal. I can modify price that is set by the computer here. Dang it….now im hungry……:hehe:

If you unit is not that old, you might consider getting a FASS, only use what you need out of the kit to install and then sell the HPFP with the new parts in the FASS install kit to make it a whole system.

What are the specs on the DDRP?? GPH & PSI??

GPH is about 40
PSI should be around 13-16 PSI

BTW..My name is Jim and i am also a Warranty technician here at FASS. i may pop on here from time to time to check on you guys and see whats going on. :welcome::welcome:

dan, looking for a fass pump that can hold up to 1300 cc p-pump...wondering which one i've heard of a 280 gph pump but dono if that will even work....if so pm me prices.... appreciate it thanks

Back