View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
MAD JAX

Name: MAD JAX
Title: (Student "Rod-Knox U" ; )
Member`s Gallery
Retro '05 LLY to '99 K3500 keep'n 4L80E Q's

I'm "Goin' Oil Burner" by replacing the 7.4 Gen VI BBC with a "Complete" (Incl. Wiring Harness, etc.) '05 LLY into My '99 (11/98 build date) K3500 Dually and lookin' to keep the 4L80E...it'll make the change-over a lot easier, and I'm confidant the Transmission can be economically modified to handle the limited amount of Power I'm lookin' to garner out of the Duramax for this application @ </= 400 H.P. That's all I need for mo-betta Cross-Country Towing of a 10k. lb. Boat-Trailer...with mo-betta reliability too!

The LLY is out of a 3500 series Van for having the 90-degree Bell Housing Adapter pattern, thus a 4L80E Trans. app. vs. Allison 1000 (as is installed otherwise in the "Duramax" Trucks)...WTF, they're both "Electronically Controlled" applications, and I figured I could get around any differences between the years regarding "Plug-in" of the harness' for similarities between the wiring diagrams...but I just realized sumpthin, and now THAT question begs to be asked:

Will the '05 LLY PCM Conroller -- that controlled a 4L80E in a Van -- work with the (Earlier Yr. Mo.) '99 K3500 4L80E for using CAN communication protocol?