View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 09:08 AM   #11
takedown95

Name: takedown95
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostockpuller View Post
Looks good! How did it stack up against the other SS trucks?
It would have finished 4th out of 9 trucks each night. Van and Atley were 370+ the first night, Gearhart was 366, I was 352, Bowling, Dickey, Kellogg, Stacey and Withrow were behind me. Similar results on the second night with Atley, Kellogg and Stacey at 341-344 and I was 339 and the rest behind me.

However, I was overweight so I would say I didn't embarrass myself too bad for the first time out but can't say much more than that until I get it down to weight. We will be pulling in Ft. Recovery, OH the 27th and 28th and will be down to weight and expect more trucks so, that will be a better measuring stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstacks95 View Post
Ive never seen a front end/trailing arm/shock setup like that. Of course its a little secluded up here in the northeast. Is that common in your area?
Front end set-ups on a SS truck are just like hitches, pretty much everyone has something different. With the way we set this truck up and the weight distribution along with hitch design we felt this was the best option. Again, once we get it down to weight and have a couple more runs on it we should be able to smooth it out even more.