Blue chip fms and edge comp box

heins

Recently picked up an 02 6 speed truck. I’m new to vp44’s (been a 12 valve guy) and what can/can’t be done to them. This truck has both a blue chip fms and a edge comp box it, but the controller is messed up on the comp box so it’s not doing nothing at the time. My question is can you run the 2 together? The pump has a stealth cover on it and both boxes are wired to it.. The little research I have done says you don’t want to double tap a vp44? Looking to make dependable power with the truck and really don’t want to replace a pump by making a mistake...

i believe the FMS would be the better choice. I don't recall if it does timing, but that may be why both are present.

I had the edge comp box. It worked good. I wouldn't use both together IMO.

You could email edge and get the comp box fixed. Not sure what the price would be or if they even fix it anymore.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. Would a person be better off sell the comp box and going a different route for a timing box as a smarty so3 or something along that line? As of right now the truck has a stock HO pump with the blue chip fms, Weston 7x11 injectors, and a Walbro fuel system. Still has the stock hx35 and stuff. Planning on getting a 3 piece exhaust manifold and a 363 sxe charger on it whenever the funds allow it. Would like to see a respectfully 500hp dd setup

Fueling or timing ?

Just keep what you have, but tap with the fms alone.

Or simply try each, and see what works better.

If it wasnt such a loss, i would sell both and go Quad V2.

Fueling or timing ?

Just keep what you have, but tap with the fms alone.

Or simply try each, and see what works better.

If it wasnt such a loss, i would sell both and go Quad V2.

That’s what I would do too if I was gonna keep it a vp truck. Plan is to convert it one of theses days

I think I’m gonna take the comp box off the truck for now. I bought a ts mvp setup fairly cheap that I’m gonna try running with the fms box and see how It runs.

Update.. just so u guys know I just bougjt this truck 2 weeks ago...pulled the edge comp off the truck that was connected to the pump off the truck a couple of days ago..I did have it working for a quick minute when it was on the truck (clean all the termails and stuff) when the comp box was working clutch slipped like crazy. Pulled the comp box off installed the ts mvp and now it really slips. Truck has a dual disk in it (by the sounds of it u can’t verify it) so truck needs a clutch and the head gasket is leaking by the neck... can buy and quailty used junk anymore lol

Back