View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #18
tall boy

Name: tall boy
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Same with me doing the normal stuff during the day and working out specifications in the small free evening time that’s left.

Today we had a meeting with a new sponsor and we now have aces to 2.4 Megawatt or 3264Hp engine dyno so we can test all we want.
Also the new engine build is now in full progress as we just finished the cylinder heads.
Next up is building an engine test bed that has the same dimensions as the front part of the truck. The idea behind is that we can build all things like manifolds and coolers an so on without the use of the truck it self and still be able to fit the whole new powerplant in the truck after testing. Having this will also make it possible keep developing as we now have two race engines or one spare you could say.

I’m still working on specifications for the new turbochargers and it seems I now have all the contacts needed from manufacturing the get the parts I want hoping to make a pressure ratio of 7 on the compressor side if we can get a decent efficiency out of it as flow is just as important as boost and exhaust pressure.
We also have to modify the whole exhaust system as the new turbochargers do not fit in the cramped space they are in now so we have to move them to the back of the engine.

@ Joesixpack I wonder how did you make the modifications to the ECU system to get your engine working for you?
We can take data from any run and set it out in the ECU simulator comparing data making an engine simulation run with the new parameters knowing the outcome in ECU response to changes we made.

Some runs of last weekend.

Flying run just for the show.