View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #1005
Bullrack

Name: Bullrack
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about frame length. I would have to look at the glider spec I just got but its weight per foot isn't as much as I would have thought. Your not going double frame are you? Wouldn't the length help you with permits? I have a few daycab W9's at 215" and a W9 with a 62" sleeper that's 245" and if I order a glider it will be 260" because every foot helps with Ohio's dumbass bridge law for OW loads.
Either double frame or spec the heavier single rails. Don't forget I need the lift axle and try to keep at least 54" axle spacing. The length would help somewhat but becomes a washout due to lost turning radius with the dual steering gears and flotation steers. I may end up getting away from the flotation steers and doing a 14,600 steer to get back some turning ability since I can't seem to get much more than 12K on my steer anyway with a conventional neck lowboy. If I ran the neck at 14-16 feet long I could load my steer but then have to deal with length issues when unloaded.
'03 F350 CrewCab Lariat 4X4 DRW 12V Cummins, P&P head with 60# valvesprings, Colt cam, 4K GSK, 20* Timing, GDS 60mm HX35/HT3b Twins, JGS Ext. Gate, Fuelab, ZF6spd with Valair Ceramic/Kevlar, manual hubs, 3.73's, 5.5" lift w/285 Dayton Timberlines, 2" Wheel Spacers.