HP tuners sotf tuning here

79fordcrew

Banned
Was looking over the internet and came across optimal welding.com . He has sotf tuning for hp tuning for the 03-05 Cummins. Check it out

MM3 is not sotf for early trucks (03-04) only 04.5+ has real time capabilities. There is a reason nobody offers sotf for the early trucks, its not lack of capability among good tuners, they could have brought it out a while ago. There just isn't a whole lot that can be changed in the tune file with a switch simply because there just are not alot of maps in the cm845 ecu. Also he offers a 12v tune, which should be all you need to know about him as a tuner.

The MM3/Touch does allow being able to change tunes on the fly on the early trucks, even back to the VP44 24V trucks. On everything before 2006 you change the tunes via the display. 2006 and newer you can change the the tunes via the display and also make power level changes via a physical switch.

The 03 and early 04's have quite a few tables. There are just not that many that are available in real time. Most of the tables have to be flashed into the ecm. The ecm's in the 03 and early 04's are memory limited. Both the VP44 trucks and the new trucks have a lot more available memory.

Paul

The MM3/Touch does allow being able to change tunes on the fly on the early trucks, even back to the VP44 24V trucks. On everything before 2006 you change the tunes via the display. 2006 and newer you can change the the tunes via the display and also make power level changes via a physical switch.

Paul

Interesting, last i messed with udc pro, 03-04 still had no real time tuning options that actually worked. I also dont see anywhere in their software releases about any real time or sotf tuning for the 03-early 04s. Have you personally used it to verify?

Interesting, last i messed with udc pro, 03-04 still had no real time tuning options that actually worked. I also dont see anywhere in their software releases about any real time or sotf tuning for the 03-early 04s. Have you personally used it to verify?

Yes, on my wife's 04. Like I said there aren't nearly as many as with the earlier or later trucks. There are enough to make real time tunes that will change hp levels. You have to be a little creative.

Paul

Not to be a jerk but I have stated this several times for 03-04 and have used it personally

Wasnt anything personal, not sure when support came in for switchable tuning on the early stuff, but last I was playing with it it wasnt supported. Apologize for my incorrect correction, and I'll be playing with my mm3 again soon I guess.

not to be rude but didn't op say hp tuning not smarty tuning. I myself use hp tuning and wouldn't mind seeing a sotf tuning for hp tuners

not to be rude but didn't op say hp tuning not smarty tuning. I myself use hp tuning and wouldn't mind seeing a sotf tuning for hp tuners

Mm3 is a platform, I promise the tuning in my truck ain’t smarty junk. Mm3 in my opinion is a better platform than hp tuners, for the user, tuner seems to be a wash

At this current time i fully agree with josh, MM3 over the new MPVI2 junk HP hasn't gotten figured out yet. Although for actually tuning I prefer HPT(but I still have a cable).

Back