2003 Duramax 130k. Losing prime!!!

Kvw4x4

I'm at my end with my cousins truck. Continually loses prime the longer it sits. Usually within 1 hour of being shut off it already cranks extra long to start. By 24 hours it won't start. Usually pulling fuel filter and replacing it will get it to start. We have replaced fuel filter housing and lines around it. We have tried running a fass lift pump. We have replaced the cp3 ?, the injectors have been tested by 2 different diesel shops. Still has the same symptoms. Just yesterday I laid under truck near fuel tank and did notice a leak where soft line coming from fuel sending unit connects to hard line. It is the line to pump not the return line. Please any idea would help.

Pin hole leak in hard line? Need to pressurize system slightly to find it.

Collapsed/broken down braided lines under truck? The ones up under the driver's door or around trans?

More than likely you need a rebuild kit for the filter housing. they are cheap

This. Only worked on one duramax in my life and it had the same issues you are describing. Filter base rebuild solved the problem.

Dealership putting a new base on has to be taken with a grain of salt. With dealerships they seem to be extremely good with diesels or have zero clue what they are doing.

Back