444HP???

RED_SLED

I strapped my truck to the rollers yesterday and I only made 444 HP. i made 20psi less boost and could not get the egts above 1200*. The dyno was an inertia dyno. It had zero load and i still managed to smoke my tires on the rollers. A Pulling truck there with a 13mm pump, 5x20s and a s472 only made 480hp. He also hit 160 mph in the truck. So what's the deal? Was the numbers so low because of the dyno being a no-load type??

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so quick to blame the dyno, I've seen 1,000+ rwhp trucks do just fine, with a dyno operator who's good, and a driver who knows how to drive it.

True, but if he noticeably didn't load it as hard, you know it has more potential. I'm not a fan of riding the brakes and all that jazz.

Inertia dynos are the only way to go. If your turbo doesn't spool on the inertia dyno it never spools on the 1/4 mile before traps. Sledpulling is different, couldn't care less.

Inertia dynos are the only way to go. If your turbo doesn't spool on the inertia dyno it never spools on the 1/4 mile before traps. Sledpulling is different, couldn't care less.
What? I made 15psi less on inertia than i did on track/street. Inertia dyno just doesn't load it enough unless you "cheat"

No. I lost 20 psi over what I see on the street with a very small set of compounds that light just fine. The only way I could get full boost was by dragging the brakes which will take accuracy and repeatability completely out of the test.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I tried loading the turbo with the brakes and still couldn't get on top of it and I usually am at full boost by 2400 rpm and i pushed my truck to 3900 and still could not achieve full boost. A dyno sheet proven 820 hp duramax only made 516 hp.

What kind of dyno was it? I know the drums on my brothers dyno jet weigh like 7000 pounds if I recall... I think some mustang dynos the drums are half the size... We have had a few 900 hp trucks on and neither one spun on the rollers.... And I agree 100 percent on the person in the truck... There was a certain truck that the owner running his own truck made almost 100 hp more on our dyno then dun bars and I believe they are the same dyno

My truck only did 677hp with 35psi boost this year in Edmonton at JB's diesel event.
They couldn't load it either.
The other 6.0L that finally did 820hp used a small shot of nitrous, and the full life of the rear brakes and rotors to get it. (Was not the dyno operator running the truck)

The dyno operator said that he was at full load...but I don't see how he could have been.
The external wastegate never even started to open on mine, so I knew there was something wrong. It's set at 65 psi. On the street, I see over 60psi of boost, and over 100psi drive pressure even with the gate fully open.
I would have loved to of seen what it would have made fully loaded, and working to its full potential.
Even when I left the show, I tried it on the road, and was able to easily make over 60psi of boost, and the gate functioned properly...

Last edited:
If you're spinning on the rollers its most likely a setup issue. Straps no loading the suspension?

Back