Young gun's 94 build thread

I like the low routing. Nice work.

It works nicely actually, I don't need to beat the firewall for clearance. Heater hoses don't need to be modified, allows better access to injectors. Only downside is going to be removing said interstate pipe. I figure I'll just pull the turbos when I need to get that deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone who is still around on these forums, made a little progress. Finished fabbing the interstage pipe. Could definitely use a bellows of some sort to give it flex. However it fits and it's functional. I like it a lot. The entire pipe is actually not hard to remove.

Also: I'm not a welder, my welds aren't pretty but the function.

0156b1fb39598687a993095777134b0b.jpg

6ba9c3f97809f8d0a6a3c5ff0daf8936.jpg

Looks good, keep it going for us non facebookers.

Thanks, I'll put a few things up over here, but most of my build has gone to instagram. Seems like the forums are quiet compared to the social medias.

Sweet update. It sounds throaty in the video. Bet it's sweet sounding in person.

Going with a good stack?

The throaty sound is a combination of the 13mm pump, the 200/220 cam, and 32* timing. The motor still sounds fresh from the rebuild two years ago. It has maybe less than 3000 miles on the rebuild. It just sounds like it wants to make power!

I put an ugly hood on it for a hood stack, however there is still room even with the AC dryer for a 4" down pipe. I'm tempted to do that and keep it very sleeper.

How it currently looks.
4419974125eb4fdc1123425152e76e57.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work. It sounds very nice! Have you had a chance to run it down the road to see how it goes now?

Thank you!

No, like the entire summer I get real busy for several weeks and my truck gets put on back burner. I can only get a day or so to work on it before Im needed elsewhere on the farm. It'll probably take another couple weeks to find time to finish it up. I also need to install some more transmission parts, thicker bellview spring, add more line pressure, fix some leaks. Small stuff.

Random question, does anyone know the inlet fitting size on the hx82? It's metric and I'm a little stumped.

No videos or pictures, but it is RUNNING! It spools up insane! I'm surprised how well it lit up. I'll get to play with it tomorrow some more.

What injector are you running just out of pure curiosity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What injector are you running just out of pure curiosity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back when Will was Big Guns Diesel he built me a nice set of 5x.020's. I call them PDD injectors cause most people recognize that name. I'm looking to jump up to some 5x.028 or 5x.026 injectors once I rebuild the fuel system. (Currently limited by a measly AD150)

Well I drove this crazy thing on the street, spool up is faster rolling into the throttle, made 65psi just feathering the throttle. Crazy power already. Spools in 8-10 seconds just doing a brake stand. Super impressed!

Oops, got a little anxious to test drive it before leaving town. Turned the tire black lol

59c94c338a9e7cfa33083ee8333d7e89.jpg

Back