LMC replacement dash

Highwayman

bored.
Anyone use one of these lately? are the holes in the right place?
I have one sitting here, entire dash is completely out, and I STILL can't get all of the holes lined up, regardless of how I tweak the frame. (part of the plastic frame above the cluster is broken)

Either 3/4 of the windshield side holes line up OR about the same line up on the other side, but either way in a couple places there is about 1/4-3/8" gap between the pad and the frame.

I've been handling this thing like a faberge egg so far... Do i just need to get them lined up and crank them down? how much forgiveness is in this plastic?

Last time i messed with a dodge dash I was using a sledgehammer, pulled the pieces out and put in a tach, if that tells you how I feel about these POS

I'm curious as well. Mine has a nice big crack down the middle and I was wondering if I should go oem or aftermarket for the replacement.

I finally got it put on, one of the windshield side metal brackets was tweaked or something.
Once I got them pulled to where they needed to be to screw on, all but one hole sat correctly (no gap) and lined up.

Now when my dad gets here, we’ll throw it in and see if the rest lines up. If not I have a die grinder ready.

PQmB6m5.jpeg

P8pf8Ce.jpeg

EU7bUGO.jpeg

Color matches great.
On a side note, pipe pros with a kubota are NICE machines.

I put one in my 98, purchased and installed Late 2014-early 2015, forget exact dates. Everything lined up perfect for me, all bolts/screws went in with no problem. My truck is the Brown/Tan interior Dodge offered for only a few years so the color is a shade off, but I no longer have gaping holes in my dash.

I've installed LMC and liked it, but talking to Geno's, they said the LMC one will crack like the factory and theirs shouldn't. The Geno's dash was nice, but you don't screw the ducting into it at all. It just sits over them and screws in at the windshield and other spots.

i did lmc one in my 95 and my 02..both were fine but I didn't pull the dash..i just laid it on the seats..not out of the truck...they haven't cracked but the color of them isn't stellar...kinda peeling ...

Only real issue other than the one screw that didn’t line up, but that may be a different issue.
i7VoBf2.jpeg

Last edited:
I bet you could fix that with a cheap plate and grinder. Looks pretty good otherwise.

I hoped throw one in back in ~2011 and it fit up perfect. I wonder if their process has changed since.

I would still recommend both pieces to someone.
However, for me, when the dash is gone it is time to gut the truck and put it on a track. or sell it. No more heater cores, A/C crap, fragile plastic, none of it. That's why I have a truck with a steel dash now.

Back