View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 07:54 PM   #48
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
One thing you should know about Accuair (or at least the e-level) is that it draws a decent amount of current when the vehicle is off, for whatever reason. My truck doesn't get used as much as it used to now that I put 40k a year on my Jetta. So it sits in the garage for a couple months at a time when I'm out of town. Used to be I'd jump in and fire up like I drove it the day before. First time I came home after having the bags on it, the battery was below 3V. Tried to recover it, but it was far too gone. Put a different battery in it, and I left for a week and it was to the point that the lights on the dash would barely illuminate when I turned the key on. Forget starting it. I realized at that point it wasn't just a battery coincidentally dying on me. I'm on a third battery now (luckily the first two were 10 years old and were well paid for, and the third one was laying around here) and it can drain it to the point of not starting in as little as three days. I pop the fuse out of the system whenever I don't intend to use the truck the next day, but there's the odd time I forget and its frustrating. Especially when its -10 or better on a single battery. I'm going to rewire it so it'll be on an ignition triggered relay to prevent this in the future when I get some time. But its an expensive lesson to learn the hard way.

Why not just put it on a keyed source?
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!