Turbo blankets

SPEEDSHIFT

Does anyone have experience with the ebay turbo blankets? In comparison they are $20 compared to $150 from some other companies. Just wondering if they still do the job.

Thanks

I got a custom one from Levi on here, turbo performance products if memory serves. I think it was about half price of the "other companies" too. He can make it custom fit to whatever you need. Just a thought

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I have the best luck with the eBay blankets. They seem to not come apart on the inside layer like others I've used.

I'm using a T4 Thermal Zero blanket I bought off eBay and really like it. Also noticed Firepunk sells and uses them also.

Does anyone have experience with the ebay turbo blankets? In comparison they are $20 compared to $150 from some other companies. Just wondering if they still do the job.

Thanks

Your mileage will vary on the Ebay stuff. I've held/seen some very nice blankets from Ebay but also some very rough stuff and everything in between. Don't know how well they'll last as most I've seen is fiberglass or similar insulation. There is some decent stuff out there for relatively cheap...Chinese imported. I can't compete with how cheap they can boat the stuff over but if you do have an issue, good luck getting it resolved. Even if the seller is an importer from California or elsewhere. So I would factor that into your decision vs buying the one with the lowest number attached to it. At least with someone from the US, either myself or someone like Thermal Zero, who also seems to have a good rep, any issues get handled with minimal hassle.

Levi or bust. Support a vendor for chrissakes.

Thanks Tom. Hope things are going well.

Last edited:
I have used a couple of Levi's blankets, and a couple of the ebay crap...depends on the application...I used a couple ebay one's on a tractor to keep the heat from bubbling the paint on the hood, and so far so good...

However, on my personal stuff, I will be calling Levi every time.
Chris

X100 for Levi. Had him make me a custom sized one for my VGT and it for perfect. Excellent quality.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I have a dumb question about this. I've heard some say the blankets do the opposite of what you want. It increases the clearance between the housing and turbine blades. Are these blankets used mostly to keep underhood temps down or is there actually a performance advantage? Has anyone actually measured this doing an a/b/a test?

I have a dumb question about this. I've heard some say the blankets do the opposite of what you want. It increases the clearance between the housing and turbine blades. Are these blankets used mostly to keep underhood temps down or is there actually a performance advantage? Has anyone actually measured this doing an a/b/a test?

I run both Thermal Zero and TPP on my setup and can tell you bo do the job, and yes there is a difference.

Most noticeably imho is the manifold blanket as it emits the greatest area of radiant heat. I put the Thermal Zero manifold blanket on last week and you can easily put your hand(not saying to do it) on the manifold and not get burnt. Heat retention aids in the Thermal expansion. So the greater the retention, the faster the expansion takes place. Most noticeably is lower intake air temps. It also slightly muffler injection clatter noise that resonates from the manifold which can make idle and driving slightly quieter.

Back