Are there any 2wd pullers in Maryland?

Smokin444

Like the title says just seeing if there is anyone with a 2wd pulling truck and are there any pulls that allow 2wd equipped vehicles to pull. I want to build a 2wd ford with a cummins but most place ive looked truck has to be 4wd. Thanks for any info anyone can give me.

-Tim

Best thing i can tell ya to do man is build it. Then start calling around to local orgs in you area and ask and see if you can come pull with thier class. just make sure you get a rule book and keep the build by the rules. Most orgs are glad to have something new show up. You may have to pull with the 4wds for a while but trust me you can be just as competitive.
Thats my story of how i started here in Ky. Took a while to catch on..lol but Its all in fun.
Good luck man.

Lynn

I wonder if they will let us pull with the 2.6 or 2.8 guys atleast since we are going big rears Lynn. I know there is not going to be our class at every pull.

I think I will. Im looking for a 2wd duramax right now. Are there anyways you guys suggest that would be good set-up for pulling?

Well having a hard time finding a cheap 2wd duramax. I really can decide what 2wd truck i would like to use? Sny of you have any suggestions

1956 chevy long bed. Clean title. No motor/trans. Solid no rust holes. Would a bunch of frame strengthening though.

Camaro front suspension. Might let it go cheap to a good home. It's deffinately something different. ;)

im pretty sure they would let you pull with the 4x4s around here. and something like that 56 chevy would be cool. build something different. good luck to you!

We've been talking

:Cheer:

It's an idea I've had since I first saw Dales build thread. But it simply isn't in the cards for me.

I ve seen a lot of gas pullers run boggers around here. but ive never seen one diesel guy run them. i would they think they d be too much bite and cause a lot of driveline breakage and take alot more power to turn.

Well I think Im gonna buy SHUGH's 56 chevy. And Im also thinking of buying a 2wd ford rolling chassis and putting the 56 body on that. Are there rules saying that I can or cant do something like that?

I have a 2wd chevy 3500 chassis I'd let go cheap! No motor, trans or rear. You'll want big rear & HD trans anyways I'm sure & an engine with harness can be had reasonable these days. ;). The chassis is an 06 extended cab long bed chassis. It had a Dmax/Allison. And I still have the cab as well if that's of any interest whatsoever. It's heavily gutted tho.

PM me if you're interested. I'm in central KY & have friends who can deliver chassis (for a reasonable fee) if you need. ;)

Last edited:
Back