Strongest rods

jechschrader

Alright guys, I've been working on a budget build and was wondering which duramax motor has the strongest rods, best airflow in the heads and the strongest pistons??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1000 hp grudge racing on the street 2001 regular cab long bed gutted and lowered 2inches

Wagler Competition Rod's
Wagler Street Heads
Wagler stage 2 alt fire cam
Callies forged crank
Finger oval bowl cast pistons

That setup is good for 1400hp. You can substitute a different piston in if wanted, but if your going to go with any other piston besides the finger's make sure it's forged.

Wagler sells a whole rotating assembly already balanced and ready to go for a great price.

WCP Duramax STREET Series 1,000 HP Neutral Balanced Rotating Assembly Pushing the Limit, Setting the Standard

WCP Duramax RACE Series 1,001+ HP Neutral Balanced Rotating Assembly Pushing the Limit, Setting the Standard

Hey Mr. Duetsh. Lets say you 2000+HP, does anyone make a steel aftermarket block yet or can I fill the stock duramax and get by??

Alright guys, I've been working on a budget build and was wondering which duramax motor has the strongest rods, best airflow in the heads and the strongest pistons??

Are you wanting to know which motor has the strongest STOCK rods and pistons?

LBZ+ for rods, LB7-LLY for pistons.

That being said, none will come remotely close to supporting 1000hp.

Are you wanting to know which motor has the strongest STOCK rods and pistons?

LBZ+ for rods, LB7-LLY for pistons.

That being said, none will come remotely close to supporting 1000hp.

That's kinda what I thought, I know that lb7s are good for up to 800 but haven't seen any thing much more than 900 pull more than a hand full of times without making a window my budget is about 7000-7500 just to strengthen the motor to hold the power together

That's kinda what I thought, I know that lb7s are good for up to 800 but haven't seen any thing much more than 900 pull more than a hand full of times without making a window my budget is about 7000-7500 just to strengthen the motor to hold the power together

Lb7's are not good to 800rwhp. I promise. 600 is pushing it close.

For $7500 get some Carillos, Fingers oval bowl pistons, head and main studs.

Sure has been a rash of these types of threads lately being started on all the diesel forums by low post count newbs. EPA is at work gathering their data again I see.

Sure has been a rash of these types of threads lately being started on all the diesel forums by low post count newbs. EPA is at work gathering their data again I see.

Not part of the EPA, but if that's what you wanna think that's fine with me, I'm one of those "****s stock" kind of guy's

Not part of the EPA, but if that's what you wanna think that's fine with me, I'm one of those "****s stock" kind of guy's

LOL! No worries man. ;) Just been an epidemic on all the forums lately of mass information gathering using new accounts. Given the law suits that the EPA handed out, and the industry now being targeted, its make some things on the forums "suspect".

Oh ok gotcha, a friend of mine recommended comp diesel to me because I didn't want anyone around me knowing my build so I made a profile a few weeks ago

Good rods and Fingers oval bowl pistons need to be at the top of the list, the rest is debatable.

I hope you have the rest of the stuff for a 1000hp because the short block will eat up your 7k budget pretty quick.

Good rods and Fingers oval bowl pistons need to be at the top of the list, the rest is debatable.

I hope you have the rest of the stuff for a 1000hp because the short block will eat up your 7k budget pretty quick.

Yeah the 7k budget is just for motor hard parts, thats not going to include fuel air and or drive terrain

10K?!? Only if you have to build it twice.

Take the other 5K and use it for the turbos, injectors and CP3. ;)

I don't play with transmissions yet, I'll let dmitri Millard build it that way I know it's right

Back