Sway bars

Justappumped24v

I have a 95 sclb drag truck. I’m lowering it in the front about 2”... once it’s lower the sway bar looks pointless. Are guys running without them or is there a super high speed low drag sway bar for second gen 4x4s? The truck has DOR control arms and track bar, with upgraded steering. Thanks in advance

I run mine without the frt sway bar, about the same truck and lowered as far as it can go. Drives and handles fine.

No sway bar in the front. Limiting straps depending on the truck and setup.
Keep a sway in the rear.

I can't see why you wouldn't want a sway bar going that speed. The only reason I ever remove them is for axle articulation for off roading or on sleds on steep mountains. I flipped mine as well and just used a couple heim joins and threaded rod. If you do it that way, you could eve pre load your suspension for take off to counter torsional loading. You also have more control over your coil springs on the front since they'll be more linked, you can run a softer spring. That should help you hook up off the get go, but not get as much of a floating feeling going fast (that paired with good shocks).

Just my opinion though. And I don't have a fast truck. :)

No sway bar in the front. Limiting straps depending on the truck and setup.
Keep a sway in the rear.

Same, minus I dont use a sway bar in the rear.

The limit straps help a lot to keep the truck from twisting, and obviously they keep the front end down.

Ok thanks guys! I have front limiting straps already so I’ll be removing that sway bar. In the rear I have found that traction bars really seem to take the place of a sway bar, especially towing in my opinion

Same, minus I dont use a sway bar in the rear.

The limit straps help a lot to keep the truck from twisting, and obviously they keep the front end down.

Ok thanks guys! I have front limiting straps already so I’ll be removing that sway bar. In the rear I have found that traction bars really seem to take the place of a sway bar, especially towing in my opinion

I’ve run them both ways. It depends on the rest of the setup. Leafs/coils, spring rate, traction bars/caltracs/sliders, tire sidewall, etc...

The good thing is the rear sway bar is easy to add or take away.

Either way, have fun, stay shiney side up, and go knockout a new best ET!

Back