Starting to gather parts

Its covered in grease and oil from when the engine exploded. I was wondering if the two speed setup would be strong enough or if it would die behind it. I may go down and look a little closer later this weekend.

Last edited:
Well I went and looked at that rearend and its a two speed Eaton rear rated at 20000 pounds from what I've gathered. I'm going to try and find out ratios and such on it and the specific eaton it is.

I cant see sh** on it. Its sitting down over a hillside with crap grown up all around it. We tried to move it with the tractor but it didnt want to pull it up the hill. Looks like we will wait until he can get the dozer running. I have the info off the door panel if someone has the ability to decode it. Its on an old Ford F-600

Well hear is what it is. Eaton Model 15201 2 Speed Rear Axle / 6.33/8.81-1 / 15,000 lb. Rear Axle Capacity. I have problems figureing final ratio so dont know if it would work or not.

Well if the Gear Ratio Calculator is correct it looks like if I ran that one in the low side it might work ratio wise if I'm getting this correct. Possibly run 2 gear on high side for loose tracks and third on low side for tighter track? You guys tell me what you think.

6.33 gears NV5600 in second and a 35" tire gives me 23.19 final ratio. That would give 22mph at 5000rpm according to the calculator.

8.81 gears NV5600 in third and a 35" tire gives me 19.77 final ratio. That would give 26mph at 5000rpm according to the calculator.

calculator I used

Last edited:
i cam up with 3rd and high 8.81=final 17.97at 5000=29mph

6.33=3rd high=12.91at 5000=40.3mph
6.33=5th and low2.72=17.22at 5000=30.3
Lynn is running a finnal of 13.86 I would still like to see him be at the 15.6 finnal easier on trany parts and clutch

Dale

Dale

Do you think that would be to high of a final? If I ran a NV4500 and 8.81 in third final would be 14.71

Last edited:
a 15 final would be ok with lynn's truck if he could pack 5K rpm down the track and with some super heavy dead weight sleds. But thats not the case around here. A 15 final would be way too slow and he wouldn't have the ground or wheels speed he needs. Lynn's Final ratio is actually a 14.08 right now running 2nd gear with the NV4500 and a 4.63 gear.

Well third gear on the high side would give me 14.20 final. I think I'm going to try and go get it when I have a free moment.

Well it's been a busy week. I purchased a 93 club cab 1st gen on Tuesday cheap to use as my puller platform. Went junk yard surching this afternoon and picked up two F 106 rear ends and 4 16" bud wheels off of an Isuzu cab over for a song. I'm going to start boxing the frame and then going to start building the solid suspension. Atleast I have got started on my winter project.

Back