USA-EAST 2013 "Rules Meeting"

as with all rules in this class, the change to allow Hood Stacks was voted in by the members who were present on the night of the meeting. Hood Stacks will be 'good to go' in 2013 in Open 2.6 diesel.

Does it say it somewhere that im missing?

No.

At the previous rules meeting, Gene was there and said that he did not want to see fuel tanks in the weight boxes in 2.6. RJ agreed.

I tried to look at the rulebook but the NADM site hangs my browser when I try to download it.

Look at the bright side, for 2014 rules we'll probably vote in the fuel cells out front along with open driveline and cut tires :D

Last edited:
It doesnt say anything in any rules about it. Not Full Pull/NADM, PPL. At least nothing I can find.
On another note,I have heard some rumblings of electric/hydraulic setups being allowed ????

as with all rules in this class, the change to allow Hood Stacks was voted in by the members who were present on the night of the meeting. Hood Stacks will be 'good to go' in 2013 in Open 2.6 diesel.

That's nice, but you still didn't answer rawdog's original question about the fuel cell location.

No Fuel cells, fuel tanks, etc. allowed on the front weight bar, bumper etc. in the 2.6 class. Fuel tank must be in the OEM locations or in a racing type fuel cell properly secured in the bed of the truck. The updated rules should be posted by the end of this week. This has been the rule for the last few seasons.

Not a clearly stated,worded, or posted rule. Leaves alot in the open for different parties to do what they consider " with in the rules"

WTF is unclear?

No Fuel cells, fuel tanks, etc. allowed on the front weight bar, bumper etc. in the 2.6 class. Fuel tank must be in the OEM locations or in a racing type fuel cell properly secured in the bed of the truck. The updated rules should be posted by the end of this week. This has been the rule for the last few seasons.

THis one line pretty much covers it.

Last edited:
Caleb, he's saying it's unclear because it wasn't written into anyone's 2012 rules.

I don't think it's right to have rules that exist outside of the rulebook, but it happens often. It would take 5 minutes to put it up as an addendum on the web site, or post it here, etc.

Rawdog is right, if you live far away and don't come to the rules meetings and/or don't ask someone, you could show up with a truck that meets the printed rules but would get flak from tech at the first pull it went to.

Yeah i see the point there. The rule that rj just posted leaves no room for imagination IMO! It should be writen in the rules!

Back