Dash pieces

blackcloudCTD95

Well, i got my first crack in the dash on the top. Now is the time to do the heater core and evap. I got a dash pad/cover but i think it looks like crap does any one make a full dash? I checked lmc and didnt see any..

When i have the dash out is there anyway to make the air volume stronger? On level 4 it feels like my old ford on level 2.

Just Did Mine...

My heater core was a bit crappy but was original in my 96.

The evap cores take a beating: Mine was packed with junk and had some ants living in it...and it was only 8 years old.

I bought my dash from LMC which was the ABS non oem model for about $275 and it went in smoothly. Bought the anti-squeak kit and the torque washers to keep the screws from damaging the new dash. Also got the bezel.

I had zero luck finding what I think of as the dash base: which has the passenger side vents built into it and to which most things mount/screw. Mine had a few small cracks we repaired.

Overall very happy with the fit and finish of the product and the color match--mine was gray.

We also installed some sound deadening material in the whole cab including behind the dash on the firewall. Huge difference.

When you pull the heater core out you will probably find it is packed with leaves, dog hair, dirt, etc.

^x2 or one of the ducts is not seated
When I replaced my dash I was not happy with a dash cap. I found a truck with a good dash. I took the donor trucks entire dash steel frame and all and swapped it to my trucks steel frame.

Back