Help me pick a 2-post lift

JD3020

After a lot of talk we are finally in the planning stages of a new shop/garage here at my parents. I'm living at home for the time being, but once the shop is built i may not leave. LOL Plan is a stick built 40x40(maybe bigger), and obviously it needs a lift. I'm looking to buy a lift before we get too far along and realize we didn't spec out the building right. I'm looking to start the excavation in the next few weeks.

I would say that the smallest vehicle we would need to lift would be my Jeep Liberty, doubt anybody will ever own a car. Typical vehicle would be a diesel pick-up, and heaviest being my 12k-lb crew cab F-450. I would say weight is split 50/50 on it, but its a pretty good sized truck. We aren't going to be running a full-time shop, but i can see a lift getting used fairly often.

Heres a couple generic looking lifts i've found locally, are they worth anything? Both are Titan brands.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/tld/5795187427.html

http://dayton.craigslist.org/tld/5777944305.html

Last edited:
Go with a bendpak, they are the best bank for your buck. Challengers are good, but neither of those links are challenger lifts.

I have a 12k Bendpak 4 post lift. It's great and has lasted, but I don't think it'll lift 12k. Seems to struggle over 10k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't order it till you have power in the shop, warranty is ticking irregardless of use. Pick a lift, build the pad to suite. I was lucky I didn't hit rebar when I drilled, plan out your slab....

i have a atlas 10k 2 post with a cross beam at the top,it will lift a crew cab long bed superduty 7.3 tho it would not lift a 7.3 excursion.

I have this Atlas 12k

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/ATPK-PV12P

I wanted the extra width so I could drive through easy with the Freightliner or 102" trailers.

Picked up everything from lawn mowers, VW Jetta, SXS, ATV, BMW X5, to my 3500, never skips a beat.

I'm not a service shop, just personal use. The price tag of the big brands was more than I needed to pay. 4 years no regrets

If you are in ohio i got one from phil leake company. Its a foward 10,000lb. Love it got 3 of them and use them non stop. They set them up for 600 bucks. but that was about 6 years ago. They are located in norwalk ohio.

Do you have an Advance Auto parts near you? A Buddy just got a sweet deal on a BendPak installed through them. They basically paid for the install and gave him the lift at a smokin' deal, provided he set up a commercial account with them (He does Auto repair anyway).

Something to look at?

We have 4 rotary lifts in the shop. So far not one bit of maintainece using them every day for last 4 years since we got these.

I also have an atlas 12k 2 post in my shop extra wide and tall. Have had it for 5 years now, with no issues. I work 4/10s at the refinery, and spend my other 3 days running the shop, crew long beds, 4wd f-550, loaded down oil field trucks etc.. Been very happy with it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

we have an 8k rotary and a 12k bendpak. rotary has been perfect. bendpak is good but struggles once you are near capacity.

Back