View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Opie

Name: Opie
Title: Ingenuity Director
Member`s Gallery
My luck with brand xxx shafts.

Luck is not how we should be rating shafts.

The biggest killer of my parts… the parts they are used with, how the transmission is setup and continual increasing/use of hp. IE has had to grow with the increased hp requirements, even so our input shaft still not live at higher horsepower when used with things like the cheaper 1040 steel after market hubs in the converter, solid flexplates, tied shift points and improperly built converters…ect

In 2006 the latest design two piece shaft was offered (4hole), of all the ones sold I only know of one that failed and it did so at the splines which from experience with a couple dimarino-shafts points at the use of a 1040 hub but I do not know that for a fact. We have lost a few of the Fat shafts, no two broke alike, but they too will fail if being used to try and fix/mask other problems. IE parts are in the fastest/most powerful trucks I know of and that is a pretty stupid market to get into.

It would be such a wonderful world if we only catered to a larger majority of the larger 11.5 second and slower crowd that drove their trucks sensablily. In order to truly assist that market requires more than just having the best/strongest part. It requires improved sales platform and a change in warrantee from two years down to 90 days to avoid responsibility for the unwanted scenarios stated above.

After writing this on a poll at a different site it seemed only fitting to post it here as it will probably be deleted there.

Last edited by Opie; 11-20-2009 at 02:24 PM.