View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 02:23 AM   #304
SCHMITTY

Name: SCHMITTY
Title: Not enough time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram12vcummins View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm not trying to compare twins to a single as to which is better. More or Less does a single like this come close enough to what I want to avoid the time building the twins and money spent on them. Even being budget twins an using the stock charger the piping and second charger costs would prob be more than this single turbo setup. So with the timing and using the wide bowl Pistons there isn't a worry running that much advance. My motor is all stock never been opened. So I guess I might run the risk of spraying the walls? I'm trying to understand why I see most dd stay 16-17 degrees advance an no higher.
I've ran my 180 pump at a hair over 19 for 2 Alaska winters. Mpgs are in the low 20s on the highway - could be better if I was babying it. You can tell its trying a little harder when it's 5* outside and when it's constantly cold and dipping into the negatives I just plug it in with a timer set for 2-3 hours before I plan on starting it. Stock head gasket and I haven't tightened the head bolts down more. I like 19* more than I did when it was at 16*. 24* will be next