Fan clutch test procedure

homewrecker

gear jammer
Anyone know the service manual test procedure for a 16 model? Its a 4500 c&c. Only thing I’ve been able to find online is on 13 and older. Not sure if it’s changed on the newer models. Mine is staying on constantly. The speed varies but I would guess its at 80% or higher all the time. Temp holds steady at 192 even the hottest days pulling a load. A/C is working fine. The fan is on immediately when cranked in the morning. You can spin it by hand, has a moderate drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No codes. Unplugged the fan clutch today and cranked it. Still roaring when revving it up in park. May take a drive tomorrow unplugged.

The codes I’ve seen are related to it not engaging or engaging at too high of a temp. Not aware of any for it staying engaged.

Changed the fan clutch today. Fixed the problem. Guess there are no codes for the clutch staying locked all the time

If the parameters were right, it could have set the following code:

P0483 Cooling Fan Speed

I suspect this code may be an under speed code, because over speed is a more desired condition than under speed.

IMO, I'd rather have a fan locked solid, than one that won't spin @ 3000 RPM on a grade, with a heavy load.

Mark.

Back