472sxe vs. 476sxe

smokingoat04

Not real sure
Anyone have experience between the 2 without changing much in your setup? How about anyone with a s472sxe on a 5.9 stick truck. I'm torn between the 2 turbos was told 76 is the way to go, by a tuner, but feel it may be to laggy in a stick truck to be fun on the street.

The S472SX-E is more like the 179176 or S476SX3. Even better it overlaps it field of performance even so it will dwarf the S467SX3 by far and spools a lot faster than the S476SX3. The S471SX3 comes closer and we also, build these with the 83/88mm turbine wheel with a small difference in EMP and EGT and no difference in spool-up.
Most 5.9 they run the S366SX-E manly due to price difference to the S467

Power goals? Fueling? Which housing and turbine you planning to run? That will make more of the difference than the comp side. Even with the 87/1.0 on the 76, thats a very big turbo for a manual 5.9 that is intending to be fun on the street.

150% overs, dual pumps, hp tuned by firepunk, drop in cam from scheid. Have a 475/83/1.0 now with an S06 smarty. Tuning was ordered friday, now to get a better turbo setup. Was looking at the 87mm turbine and 1.0 housings on both. From my understanding the 76 will spool the same or slightly better than my 475. The 475 I have is a box cast unit, so the 472 sxe should out flow it by a little from the maps I've seen, and was my choice hoping it spooled noticeably quicker than the 475, however was told by another tuner they drive the same and go with the 76mm. I would look harder at the s369sxe, but feel it won't live ungated and with the occasional bark. Currently the 475 is 55psi boost and 70psi drive around 3600

69 will be outgunned with that fueling. Based on fueling and that you already have a 75, I'd agree to go with the 76.

I want to try the GTX Gen II 4709 76mm but not sure how that would perform compared to the turbos you mentioned.

Also, I think weston is working on a 76mm turbo, you might want to get in touch with him and see what he recommends. Lots of threads on the sxe line turbos.

A few guys have had good luck with FI 76mm turbos as well

Last edited:
Back