Edge with EFI

silver2500

I am lookin to get EFI and i have a edge juice. I wanted to know if you have to take it off the truck or if can leave it on the stock seting.

Sorry to bump an old thread but ive heard that the edge adds timing even on the stock setting. is there any truth to this?

There is a very long and in depth discussion about this exact thing in efi live under the dodge section.... but it is not recommended to run the edge with EFI live...

Sent from phone

There is a very long and in depth discussion about this exact thing in efi live under the dodge section.... but it is not recommended to run the edge with EFI live...

Sent from phone

Simple. Datalog with the edge on stock setting then compare to a datalog from a stock tune. Compare and find out for yourselves. If the edge unit you are currently using changes timing, then use that info to set-up your base tuning with EFI.

If you're worried about it changing things in the stock setting just unplug the box that goes into the ecu. I have my edge monitor just running off of my obd port for gauges and have the efi live tunes through the edge as opposed to the traditional dsp5 switch.

Simple. Datalog with the edge on stock setting then compare to a datalog from a stock tune. Compare and find out for yourselves. If the edge unit you are currently using changes timing, then use that info to set-up your base tuning with EFI.

I have no experience with this what so ever, however from what I have read the ecm does not know the timing is being changed, IE you will not be able to log injection timing and compare to stock since they will look the same in a log file.

I have no experience with this what so ever, however from what I have read the ecm does not know the timing is being changed, IE you will not be able to log injection timing and compare to stock since they will look the same in a log file.

Haven't tried it but that is my understanding also. Edge manipulates signals to change the "tune"

Back