2001 24V oil pressure fluctuation at idle

logan1

Guys,

My truck seems to be having some problem with oil pressure. For some reason this morning at a stop light my oil gauge was reading 0. once I start accelerating the pressure is back to 40PSI or higher but the moment I get off the throttle and start idling at a stop sign the pressure drops down to 0 again. Normally the truck reads 40psi at idle. This is the first time this has happened. I parked the truck since I did not want to risk killing the motor.

I had my motor out of the truck and I replaced the rear main seal and the front crank seal and reinstalled the motor. The truck has new rotella 15W-40 oil and a new filter.

This is the OEM side showing this or an aftermarket gauge?

If it's the dodge side I would suspect the sender.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

2001 is just a switch. It is not a true sensor. I would suggest confirming pressure with a mechanical gauge. No codes for the oil pressure?

2001 is just a switch. It is not a true sensor. I would suggest confirming pressure with a mechanical gauge. No codes for the oil pressure?

Don't know yet. This happened this morning and I had to get to work. Ill check for codes this evening once I get home. The truck did not sound weird or run rough. I think my Quadzilla has a oil sensor on the oil filer housing. Ill check that this evening as well.

Also I loaded some new adr 3000 on my quadzilla adrenaline this weekend. Hopefully that has nothing to do with this.

Well i got home and i dont see any engine codes. I dont have a mechanical pressure gauge but i cracked the little fitting on top of the oil filter housing and started the engine for a second or 2. Oil came out shooting out of the lose fitting. Im ordering a mechanical oil pressure gauge this evening and will get it installed asap.

I removed the electrical connector on the back of the sending unit under the ECU and cleaned both ends with electric parts cleaner and reattached them.

Still having the same problem with the oil pressure gauge fluctuating between 0 and 40psi just line in that video.

Well i was able to buy a mechanical gauge from Advanced auto parts. Im getting 35~40psi at idle and around 80psi at 2000rpm. Does that sound right?

Back