4th gen over 1000 HP ,best year ?

What are the advantages of the 5 link over the radius arms ?

Can traction control be eliminated on the 14 ?

I have a buddy with a 15 I think, just recently "tuned". It kicks in traction control on a hard pull, even though it's not spinning the tires. His has an Aisin trans, maybe that's alot of it. He was told that some trucks its more pronounced than others, and no real way to deal with it. Again maybe that's just a Aisin quirk, I don't know.

What are the advantages of the 5 link over the radius arms ?

Better geometry on the 5-link. It keeps the axle more centered, and pinion angle doesn't change as much. It'll give you better performance in sled pulling and drag racing and you'll get less wheel hop situations.
The reason the switched was 1) part count/BOM cost reduction, and 2) it adds a little bit of a sway bar functionality, so your daily driving stuff might feel more like a car.

I have a buddy with a 15 I think, just recently "tuned". It kicks in traction control on a hard pull, even though it's not spinning the tires. His has an Aisin trans, maybe that's alot of it. He was told that some trucks its more pronounced than others, and no real way to deal with it. Again maybe that's just a Aisin quirk, I don't know.

I wonder if you couldn't wire all the wheel speed sensor pickups to all pull the 0-5V signal from a single WSS in the rear. That'd probably trick the system to always think you had traction. I'm not sure if it's got yaw sensors though. That would still kick it on if it does.

I found a 2010 I like but it has 4:10 gears. I think they will be to low as I will run a proxy or 420s tire.
My end goal is a fast daily driver and maybe taking to track on occasion.

Is 4:10 to low ?
I am thinking 3:43 or 3:73 would be ideal, am I wrong ?
Again, I will have a 48re.

Back