Modding a HX82 turbine housing?

megastang

Am I correct that the CM on holset housings is the area of the opening in the housing at the inducer of the turbine? Is there anything keeping someone from opening that up if needed?

What size housing are you looking for? I know Apex Diesel had a few for sale. CDS, Harts, Keating and Wimer all deal with these big Holsets and should have exhaust housings available.

What size housing are you looking for? I know Apex Diesel had a few for sale. CDS, Harts, Keating and Wimer all deal with these big Holsets and should have exhaust housings available.

The worst part is I have no idea what housing I will need. I would like a divided housing. My wheel is a G trim. I hear that there are some in the 40cm range but I have no idea what will work so I really don't want to spend an arm and a leg for a bunch of housings I won't use. I'm looking for some Airesearch housings. I have one coming but it's a 1.70 I am almost certain that this will be too big but at $75 for the whole turbo I figure that it gives me a housing to practice on.

In order for a handful of individuals on here to shed their knowledge and possibly help you answer your questions. They are going to need to know what it is you have, what you are building and what it is you are planning on doing with what it is you have.

I'm building a Series 60 engine for my pulling truck. Max rpm will be 3500. I'm hoping that I can make this HX82 work. As I said before it's a G trim with a compressor that's like 105x 151.

Back