Do I need to replace my damper?

Austin296

I've looked at a few articles and from what I've seen, they say you should replace the damper if pieces are missing. Mine is cracked and fairly brittle. See attached picture.

If I need to replace it, should I go with a stock replacement or a fluid damper? My goal is to be in the 400-450 hp range.

Attachments

• IMG_20181226_170314.jpg
    IMG_20181226_170314.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 0
That doesn't look to bad. If you want to get a new one, get it but that doesn't look like it's coming apart so I would just run it.

I've looked at a few articles and from what I've seen, they say you should replace the damper if pieces are missing. Mine is cracked and fairly brittle. See attached picture.

If I need to replace it, should I go with a stock replacement or a fluid damper? My goal is to be in the 400-450 hp range.

It's not so much the horsepower but the rpm that determines what damper you need. If you're not getting too far over stock rpm, the stock replacement is perfectly adequate.

Here's the deal, if you want a Fluidampr, they carry them by contacting Paul (I pm'd you details from his email to me when I got mine) and ask him for a scratch and dent. Mine was shipped free for much less than the retail price.

The stock dampers come in different sizes, a 160 damper is smaller than a 215 damper. If you go stock, get the biggest one.

Harmonics can phuck up a lot of stuff. I don't think you're in a ton of danger at the 450hp mark, but for $250 (quick Google pricing) I'd replace it with a stocker. How many miles are on it?

Last edited:
Back