When The guys at D&J DREAM BIG!!

To mount the pump on the pan we would need to belt drive it. We opted for the reliability of the gear drive. This has 5/8 studs in the aluminum per main bearing.

To mount the pump on the pan we would need to belt drive it. We opted for the reliability of the gear drive. This has 5/8 studs in the aluminum per main bearing.
Can you elaborate on how/how much girdle to block engagement is accomplished?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Correction on above there are 6- 5/8 studs in the aluminum per main bearing. Also using 5/8 studs on the head in the aluminum.

You guys bring up a good point. From the image, that bed plate is a smooth joint with the bottom of the block structure. I would want them to interlock. It may be interlocking, just can't see it in the images.

I wish I had this skill set.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Dowel pins or a step. Dowels would be my preference.

IIRC the auxiliary drive runs 97% of engine speed. You guys going to re-gear or leave it at that?

Last edited:
Definitely follow this ! But just for the knowledge... Because I will likely never be able to afford one, lol.

What platform is this engine going in? pulling? racing? all-the-above? Lavon's white truck? :D
I'd guess the mystery tube chassis that was in the background of a few pictures from the firepunk shop. Also the race truck chassis that Drew has slowly been working on. Now that I think about it, they could be one in the same chassis!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'd guess the mystery tube chassis that was in the background of a few pictures from the firepunk shop. Also the race truck chassis that Drew has slowly been working on. Now that I think about it, they could be one in the same chassis!

I have no idea what your talking about :)

I have no idea what your talking about :)
I barely even remember seeing them, just kinda hanging out in the back of a picture of the race truck, maybe when you guys installed the 9" axles. You can give us the details, we won't tell anyone!

Seems to be the complete opposite of fleece and lsm. Bedplate versus caps, and tons of webbing features versus smooth.

I see derek rose had his head studs pull out of his aluminum block....do you have any plans to combat that issue?

Not to high jack, but, do you know which aluminum block the Rose fella was running and what diam the head studs were??

Back to the D&J folks, it appears your design could be cast and still withstand some severe abuse. Is this your end plan? ...cast that is??

He has a scheid/lsm block and the studs look like 9/16", but I don't know if he's has stated the diameter.

Derek Rose had an LSM Block with 14mm Head studs. Those blocks have held a lot of power in the Super Stock trucks and Schied Rail, but they were never pulled down into Torque like Derek's truck did. The sudden 1000rpm change of a 48re OD shift when making big power makes a cylinder pressure spike that will separate the men from the boys.

Lavon

The Pro Mod we're working on is an old gas chassis (S10) that we're adding double frame rail and updating to 25.2B chassis and hoping to be around 3000lb race weight when finished. It will have a LSM billet aluminum block (was purchased 2yrs ago), dry sump setup, Bosch ECU, Bruno Lenco trans with Neil Chance Converter, Mark Williams Rear. Its a customer owned project that they ran out of time to complete so it was turned over to us to finish and get down the track. Rudy's spring 2018 is its debut.

r71l-dWnYLemM4srf3LMfIK5siPcQgYt_xHjLDStL_WQBj3hI1W5iF2IV0pheMhbHBJdrSag2qnLuIj945fui4FMp_FlExMlGtDys6qVQ9TRr2OzrNsirovlgG9B4Qj_LxTgkN4fILeT7dz85hsL61tjp_nXM3Drw3lQHu1OKML84K_1LTfS4Nv6VpKyX97OPOFgRuxCSkU-aSOJoarxnse6WE6D5wKJQukBpSK749aIzc0L6xr_T3rXAo41Q3UsR8YCjXR42ZepIyaAJLz3eIwAXmdaf2OBQtwFVQD5ea3zGQE9grXHman1tMvwGs5FygzcTDtaw18Q6zesubF62cR4M5oB85u8dDfs1XrVncnlkTNDCb21a-mniduMhS4a6OxDTQWU2SSbiS7cKFB2sre73dt-lcSHUW7nA2X75npcvDIL38naM48mgjnCEhQOVhvb3daxUUWNWGuzKe7MGw8hFbG4TlMjakOufrtPAOs2b6CoTADJm6r_mav-4ETahQ5BLD-LjZMwQwJyhZ7ImB3LlJzCLUXkMvTgvIHzX7crKPSALaBBEtaD-jSoX2JLV6NXZL03-L9bcGaOZ8_ZBUtlAjmX695UCSFu2NNPOlw=w1266-h949-no

The Pro Mod we're working on is an old gas chassis (S10) that we're adding double frame rail and updating to 25.2B chassis and hoping to be around 3000lb race weight when finished. It will have a LSM billet aluminum block (was purchased 2yrs ago), dry sump setup, Bosch ECU, Bruno Lenco trans with Neil Chance Converter, Mark Williams Rear. Its a customer owned project that they ran out of time to complete so it was turned over to us to finish and get down the track. Rudy's spring 2018 is its debut.

r71l-dWnYLemM4srf3LMfIK5siPcQgYt_xHjLDStL_WQBj3hI1W5iF2IV0pheMhbHBJdrSag2qnLuIj945fui4FMp_FlExMlGtDys6qVQ9TRr2OzrNsirovlgG9B4Qj_LxTgkN4fILeT7dz85hsL61tjp_nXM3Drw3lQHu1OKML84K_1LTfS4Nv6VpKyX97OPOFgRuxCSkU-aSOJoarxnse6WE6D5wKJQukBpSK749aIzc0L6xr_T3rXAo41Q3UsR8YCjXR42ZepIyaAJLz3eIwAXmdaf2OBQtwFVQD5ea3zGQE9grXHman1tMvwGs5FygzcTDtaw18Q6zesubF62cR4M5oB85u8dDfs1XrVncnlkTNDCb21a-mniduMhS4a6OxDTQWU2SSbiS7cKFB2sre73dt-lcSHUW7nA2X75npcvDIL38naM48mgjnCEhQOVhvb3daxUUWNWGuzKe7MGw8hFbG4TlMjakOufrtPAOs2b6CoTADJm6r_mav-4ETahQ5BLD-LjZMwQwJyhZ7ImB3LlJzCLUXkMvTgvIHzX7crKPSALaBBEtaD-jSoX2JLV6NXZL03-L9bcGaOZ8_ZBUtlAjmX695UCSFu2NNPOlw=w1266-h949-no

That sounds quite 'Badd a$$'!!! This is my greatest compliment by the way. lol

If you run into any trouble with your LSM block, I have a couple. lol

You don't need a spare do ya?? I need a sleeved 6.7 block and I am getting real tired of stepping around these parts I will never use.

Back