Old 10-06-2021, 06:46 AM   #5
mhuggler

Name: mhuggler
Title: One piece at a time
Member`s Gallery
[quote=cerickson;2747257]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers Farms View Post
1990's Massey Ferguson 231. It is a little newer than the Massey 135 you are talking about but is a great tractor. They are a very basic, no frills, all mechanical tractor. My father has owned one since new in 1993. He has used it with a 5' bush hog, 5' finish mower, 5' rototiller, and 2 bottom plow. It has pulled countless other implements but those were its' mainstay. It has been a flawless.

I have seen a couple of the 231 on market place. Not opposed to them. Just threw them 2 tractors out there for a size and hp example. On the new kubota deal. Cant afford one at the moment. Like posted I just bought a house in this highly inflated market. So new is out of the question for a couple years. These old tractors run for ever with little to no real mechanical issues.
Not having the funds is certainly something I can relate to. Some food for thought though..... If you can give them a small down payment they'll give you 0% interest for up to 84 months; the payments are very small. I will add that if you decide against the kubota and are just mowing with it I'd go green. The yanmar is a great engine but my kubota has way more hydraulic power for implements.
2002 2500 4x4 ETH/DEE-F1 Mach 5's/62/65/12/Smarty/ATS Ex.manifold/AFE intake/TST Comp./.020 marine gasket/o-ringed/ARP studs/5"stacks/Airdog 150/Isspro guages/Southbend 3600 DD/3.54 gears/leveling kit/Bilstein 5100frt,5150rr/37" BFG A/T's on 18" Eagle 114's/Borgeson SS/DSS