2003 gasket advice

BWC

Im putting my engine back together and I need some advice on the best gaskets to use. I need a head gasket, oil pan gasket, and a timing cover gasket or whatever they use.

Head gasket I've been told to run oem but all I can't find under that is ones by Mahle?

Oil pan gasket I was going to run a Mahle OS32278 unless that would be a bad idea?

Timing cover gasket I'm not too sure what to run?

Thanks in advance for any advice

I have no complaints from mahle gaskets. Have used them in stock and high HP applications. It's all I use. Proper surface finish and head studs is more important than the gasket choice imo.

I try to stick to Cummins OEM head gaskets, but felpro seems fine elsewhere. The exhaust manifold to head gaskets from felpro aren't that great, but everything else seems fine.

I have no complaints from mahle gaskets. Have used them in stock and high HP applications. It's all I use. Proper surface finish and head studs is more important than the gasket choice imo.

I try to stick to Cummins OEM head gaskets, but felpro seems fine elsewhere. The exhaust manifold to head gaskets from felpro aren't that great, but everything else seems fine.

Thanks for the responses!

Contact Jeff (Snedge on here). He will set you up with the proper gaskets for every application. He knows what works.

Cometic manifold gaskets are by far the best I've seen. They are one piece for 3 ports so they line up alot better and are super easy to hang if you don't have manifold studs.

Interstate mcbee, mahle or cummins for head gasket. Best being cummins direct. No FAILPRO.

Cummins oil pan also the best I've seen. they are a bear to get off so you know they are good.

Back