View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 09:08 PM   #12
Cummins Driver

Name: Cummins Driver
Title: THE Cummins Driver
Member`s Gallery
Well this thread took off all of a sudden

JQmile I was also thinking around 350hp would probably get it done. I wasnt real sure what the truck would weigh though.

Since I posted i've been driving the truck a fair amount. Did an oil change, carrier bearing, U joint, some other maintenance. Cruise and A/C even work on the old girl Took it on a 230 mile round trip hauling the side by sides and really enjoyed driving it. I guess I just like old trucks.

They're having "grudge wars" at the drag strip Saturday night providing the weather is decent. I haven't touched the pump yet but if it works out I may go and try to run it bone stock to get some baseline passes in. Its not fast but its definitely not the worst running stock truck i've ever driven.

Traction is going to be a big issue if I decide to try to ever make a decent pass. You can build some boost and leave one black mark for probably 20 feet even with the stock fueling. A limited slip would help it a ton

I was thinking a stock turbo should be sufficient to run 14s if a person had some traction. Im not sure the stock injectors will be up to it from what im reading though. Im also not convinced I want to get rid of the factory exhaust yet. Everything else I have is loud. This thing would be a real sleeper if it ran 14's with the stock exhaust If i get some baseline runs in I would like to do a fuel pin and 3800 spring with the normal pump tweaks and then see where I stand after those upgrades and go from there.

Thanks for the input. I will update if I do make it to the drag strip Saturday night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Haul3.jpg (139.6 KB, 0 views)

01 Dodge 3500 4x4 Dually Ext. Cab
Home Built 47re and an Edge Juice/Attitue & Air Dog

93 D250 Club Cab A518 - THD Fuel Pin