Lucas vs Diesel Kleen.....

I did notice in my Chevy lml work truck. Diesel kleen and a 10 percent bio mix kept it from regenerating constantly... Didn't really help mileage but it helped overall.

Dry wash systems have advanced recently. I know a guy that's using one and it works great. Not sure what brand he's using.

good to hear...be sure & use the white power service for the anti gel seasons. the silver bottle has No antigel at all . the 911 isnt really meant to run all the time, it's solely to get you off the side of the road.

O I know not to use all the time I only used a qt that one time.

Has anyone ever tested PS vs 2 stroke marine oil?

I know you won't get the cetane boost/anti-gel protection but from all I have read you can't replace the lubrication it gives back to your fuel system

Biodiesel at a 2% content was tested to be the best lubricant. I run 20oz of tw-c3 2 stroke in every tank currently with xdps additive, but I may be going back to using ps since I had a small amount of fuel gelling up around 0* using xdps additive.

I decided to try the silver PS, as a side note, if you get it on your gloves just throw them away as it will stink the whole truck up Lol. Seems to be idling a little smoother and starting quieter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

We had gotten some algea in my Dad's Log Loader. Nothing seemed to get it killed and was almost impossible to steam clean. Tried the Diesel Kleen Biocide and it actually got rid of the algea in the tank. It broke up the algea in the tank. Had to go thru alot of fuel filters but it ended the algea problem.
Same thing happened at our Volunteer Fire Dept in one of the fire knockers with algea problem and the Diesel Kleen Biocide solved the problem.

Wish Wal-mart wasn't so close to our Diesel Shop to sell some PowerService. Hard to compete with Wal-mart's prices.

We had gotten some algea in my Dad's Log Loader. Nothing seemed to get it killed and was almost impossible to steam clean. Tried the Diesel Kleen Biocide and it actually got rid of the algea in the tank. It broke up the algea in the tank. Had to go thru alot of fuel filters but it ended the algea problem.
Same thing happened at our Volunteer Fire Dept in one of the fire knockers with algea problem and the Diesel Kleen Biocide solved the problem.

Wish Wal-mart wasn't so close to our Diesel Shop to sell some PowerService. Hard to compete with Wal-mart's prices.

Your right about the wall mart thing...but I have found that people coming to your shop will buy it while they are there... especially if their truck is at your shop due to bad fuel . Would any of you shop owners like me to see about getting you a display & maybe some price specials ?

I decided to try the silver PS, as a side note, if you get it on your gloves just throw them away as it will stink the whole truck up Lol. Seems to be idling a little smoother and starting quieter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

STINK!?!?!?!

to quote the movie "Pineapple Express"

SMELLLLLLLLIT it smells like... God's vagina

Bottles leak if they tip over. Had my last ps bottle tip over in a tub of tools. Man that tub smells now. Every tool that goes in a job smells like a fresh bottle....... Forever........ Good product keeps truck quieter.

Last edited:
Bottles leak if they tip over. Had my last ps bottle tip over in a tub of tools. Man that tub smells now. Every tool that goes in a job smells like a fresh bottle....... Forever........ Good product keeps truck quieter.

Very true, your tops suck. They can only be upright, which is fine in a shop but sucks in a stop-and-go truck.

Very true, your tops suck. They can only be upright, which is fine in a shop but sucks in a stop-and-go truck.

I take the seal off carefully then place it back in the cap or lately I've actually gotten to where I just take most of the seal off on the side that the fluid comes out when I pour it into my tank and just push it back down when I put the cap on. If I do this then I don't lose the seal.

I've told BRE this story but thought I'd share. When I had his silver truck, and it had around 135,000 miles (somewhere in there), the IP started to make it idle like crap. What amazed me was, I could dump 10 oz of PS into the tank and once it got mixed and though the lines and to the motor, the idle would completely clear up. I thought it was a fluke so I did it a number of times. When I'd get below 1/8 tank of fuel (treated with PS) and pull up to the pump, once I started putting in new fuel and it got to about 1/2 a tank, the idle would go to crap again...like clockwork. Add 10 oz when done...about 3 minutes, back to smooth. I finally put a new IP in the truck...but PS does have a little magic in each bottle.

My one wish is that it had a device on the top to measure and dump a preset amount into the tank. I'm not a fan of trying to dump 6 or 10 oz into the tank and using the little clear sight glass on the bottle. If you use a funnel and throw it in the tool box, it will stink to high heaven. When I had kids on bottles, I kept a pack of those 10 oz baby bottle liners in the truck. I'd just fill one up, dump it in, and trash the liner at the pump. I figured folks at the pump would think it was a condom....but I hoped they did...because they are HUGE! :hehe:

Self measuring bottle. Pitch that to 'em John. ;)

Back