8260 RPM Cummins

After the blow-up, we could not locate the throttle return springs so either they were blown off and missed in the track cleanup (unlikely but possible), or the throttle return springs were missed during the rushed slam the engine into the truck and go racing (likely but no one knows for certain). As Seth mentioned, none of the cylinders went cold and the pump internals were in great shape so this is most likely a self-inflicted stuck throttle incident and just so happened to occur when the air shutoff failed. The take-away lesson is make dang sure everything is ready before making a run down the track when you're playing with a 16mm pump and (3) GT55 chargers!!!

If I remember correctly, the P-pump fuel rack will go to max if the throttle linkage will fail

After the blow-up, we could not locate the throttle return springs so either they were blown off and missed in the track cleanup (unlikely but possible), or the throttle return springs were missed during the rushed slam the engine into the truck and go racing (likely but no one knows for certain). As Seth mentioned, none of the cylinders went cold and the pump internals were in great shape so this is most likely a self-inflicted stuck throttle incident and just so happened to occur when the air shutoff failed. The take-away lesson is make dang sure everything is ready before making a run down the track when you're playing with a 16mm pump and (3) GT55 chargers!!!

Will, when we spoke you said the boost really came on after you realized something was wrong with the truck. What do you think caused the spike?

All I know is according to the PDD newsletter sent in emails y'all are giving away "pieces" of the broken motor to winners who are entered based on their purchases!

I've seen alot of marketing and promos, but that's truly unique!

Back