View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Nathan@XSPower

Name: Nathan@XSPower
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimig View Post
what about the D2700? by looking at the dimensions, it will fit in the stock second gen. battery tray, which has a inner length of just under 13". i know you batteries are not rated by CCA, or CA's, but what would you rate the D2700 around? according to the website it seems to be inbetween the D6500, and the D3100 in amp rating. now help me understand how your company rates the batteries, what exactly does the max amp rating mean? how do there batteries perform in really cold weather, which normally takes a toll on regular lead acid battereis. sorry for all the questions, it seems like your company has a good product, just need a little more information. thanks!

Wes
No problem for the questions...... thats what I am here for.

The D2700 has a CA rating of 1170 and it is inbetween (power and size) the 6500 and 3100 series. The Max Amps is the instant burst of power that the battery can produce at one time.

Here is some info on the AGM batteries v/s other forms of lead acid batteries:

Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries are the latest step in the evolution of lead-acid batteries. Instead of using a gel, an AGM uses a fiberglass like separator to hold the electrolyte in place. The physical bond between the separator fibers, the lead plates, and the container make AGMs spill-proof and the most vibration and impact resistant lead-acid batteries available today. Even better, AGMs use almost the same voltage set-points as flooded cells and thus can be used as drop-in replacements for flooded cells.

Basically, an AGM can do anything a Gel-cell can, only better.

Gel and Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries can dispense charge at a higher rate than flooded cells due to their lower Peukerts exponent. Deep-cycle Flooded Cells cannot deliver more than 25% of their rated amp-hour capacity in amps without plummeting Available Capacity

The biggest thing is the AGM is more advanced than the flooded or gel batteries and produce more power for a longer amount of time.