Dual CP3 upper radiator hose

npe3484

I hate ATF
I'm in the process of installing one of your dual CP3 kits on my 2003 Ram 2500 and I can't manage to get the upper radiator hose installed on the radiator. I've tried both ends of the hose, lots of lube, warmed the hose up, etc.

I found a few other threads that mention a "new" design hose. Is this something that exists? Or is there some other technique to installing the hose that I haven't tried yet?

Thanks.

There’s a couple of options buy a new hose some of the silicone hoses stretch a little more than the one in the kit. The other option is get a small piece of metal tubing and have one side crimp down (yes they do make a tool to crimp down tubing) my local hose store did this for me, or you can have it expanded on one side your choice. You’ll need to buy a small 2 inch hose for the radiator side. If you do the tubing you’ll need to have a bead rolled on both sides of the tubing to keep the hose from slipping off. Stainless tubing would be the best to use.

There’s a couple of options buy a new hose some of the silicone hoses stretch a little more than the one in the kit. The other option is get a small piece of metal tubing and have one side crimp down (yes they do make a tool to crimp down tubing) my local hose store did this for me, or you can have it expanded on one side your choice. You’ll need to buy a small 2 inch hose for the radiator side. If you do the tubing you’ll need to have a bead rolled on both sides of the tubing to keep the hose from slipping off. Stainless tubing would be the best to use.

I appreciate the advice, but I'd like it best if the hose from the manufacturer worked as designed. I'm uploading pics right now.

IMG_3281_zpsx3ver8jf.jpg
IMG_3287_zps5ykukbq4.jpg

IMG_3291_zps4fux1xfn.jpg

IMG_3288_zpsqwo87ifu.jpg

IMG_3289_zpseyl291tw.jpg

IMG_3284_zpszdl2b0am.jpg

Here's info on the stock hose, copied and pasted from a Napa catalog:

Centerline Length (in) 24.5
Centerline Length (mm) 622
Number of Branches 0
Inside Diameter 1 (in) 1.75
Inside Diameter 1 (mm) 44
Inside Diameter 2 (in) 2
Inside Diameter 2 (mm) 51
Contains Spring No

It seems like the supplied hose is designed for 1.75" at both ends and the OEM hose is 1.75" at the engine and 2" at the radiator.

I appreciate the advice, but I'd like it best if the hose from the manufacturer worked as designed. I'm uploading pics right now.

Let me know how that works out for you, I tried with the manufacture and it didn't work out. I just fixed it myself. Good luck!

Did you purchase this kit second hand? Its looks like the flared end on the hose has been cut off to slide over the radiator side.

It appears to have been cut off recently. You can see the same white chalky dust inside the hose that I got when i cut a similar hose with a cutoff wheel just the other day...

Damn. There's my answer.

Yes, the kit was bought used. Thanks for the responses.

TTR 21, what's the price of that hose from you guys?

Back