Aluminum Oil Pan Flange

92dak_r6

Does anyone make or know of anyone that makes an aluminum oil pan flange for a 12 valve? I'm looking to make a custom oil pan for my truck. Preferably around 3/8" thick, but at this point I guess I wont be too picky.

I have found them for common rails just not the one Im needing.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I called Greg last week and did not get a clear answer on it, but I just called him back and got in to a little details about things and he getting me squared away!!

If anyone is interested ill post some photos what I receive

Silly question...what is the difference between the two?

The block differs in the oil pick up area and the front case is a much different shape on the bottom between the two. Also the bolt holes fall in different locations throughout the block. The only part that is the same is the portion that bolts into the rear seal housing.

I've made several steel oil pans for some tractor repowers we do, my sump won't work for the trucks but the flange should work just fine. I'll put some pictures up tomorrow.

I know Rob Watkins was able to get a hold of some also. Not sure where but may be worth time to give him a call.

image_zpslh7mndgz.jpeg

Here's the pan rail I use. I've spent quite a bit of time fine tuning it to fit the way I like.

I suppose emailing A DXF file would be the easiest way to send it.

This picture is all kinds of distorted, but you get the idea.

I was planning on drawing up a CR one when I got all the lazy out of the way, but if someone has one they'd be willing to share I would appreciate it.

I know Rob Watkins was able to get a hold of some also. Not sure where but may be worth time to give him a call.

I made my flange. Bolted it to the block then tack welded it. Then I bolted it to a welding table.

I do have drilled plates all you need to do is weld the corners. There yours as they are just taking up space. Shoot me a PM and Ill mail them out to you.

Attachments

• IMG_0517.JPG
    IMG_0517.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I made my flange. Bolted it to the block then tack welded it. Then I bolted it to a welding table.

I do have drilled plates all you need to do is weld the corners. There yours as they are just taking up space. Shoot me a PM and Ill mail them out to you.

That is very close to what I have been gearing up to produce...it's just taking a lot longer than I hoped. LOL

That's what I was going to do myself and build my own with some flat bar, but it'll save me alot time and drilling if I can get a flange premade for a reasonable price.

Like I said I will send you these free of charge, pay the shipping. The four corners I have for a second gen will get you steered in the right direction. You will have to bolt it to the block and tack weld then finish it off.

Like I said I will send you these free of charge, pay the shipping. The four corners I have for a second gen will get you steered in the right direction. You will have to bolt it to the block and tack weld then finish it off.

PM sent, I didnt realize you had them made for a 2nd gen, I seen a the picture and automatically thought they were for a CR.

Back