Carlie / Thuren Coil Springs / better shocks

SixOhh

EPA unfriendly
My Front end is entirely Carlie minus oem springs with 2" coil spacers.

I always wanted carlie front springs but the smallest they offer are 3". I am eager to get rid of my OEM springs and the junk spacers but i like my ride height. 3" 'springs would put me 1" higher in the front and i sure as hell dont want that "bro dozer" look a.k.a. "cali lean" (gheyy).

I am now leaning twords the Thuren 2" coils from CJC. has anyone run them? the price is right and that would leave my ride height where i want it so i can leave the rear end alone.

I also have out of the box bilstein 5100's in the front. carlie offered what i think was a specially valved 7100 but now that are saying they only recommend them for hemi trucks for some reason. With that being said, i am looking at spending the 1200 bones on the fox back country 2.0's

Dodge 3 Shock Packages - Ram Shock Packages - Dodge Ram 2500/3500 - Products

I'm not normally one to spend that much on shocks but its a 9 hour drive to location and then typical lease roads. Im sure just switching out the coils and getting rig of the spacers will be a night and day difference but while im in there doing springs i figure why now.

Anyone who has run any of the aforementioned products please chime in. I guess im really wondering if the shocks are worth the extra coin. This truck was brand new to me in 07 and i never plan on getting rid of it.

Thuren 2 Soft-Ride Performance Leveling Coils Dodge Ram 2500/3500

The heaviest oem plow springs (ending in 0988 iirc) and fox 2.0s with spacers is what I have on my front end and love It. This truck has so much front end weight it requires a 3ton jack minimum to get it up, I personally opted for the 2.5"-3.5" fox 2.0s which keeps them in a state of preload. Very smooth considering the weight, and solid up front with the plow springs.

the value is there i the shocks for sure. i can say first hand, the carli valved foxes will be hands down a night and day difference. Changing the coils wont net you much of a ride difference, if any, if the shocks aren't changed. Now i would caution you, carli valves their shocks to match their spring rates. I cannot say the results will be as awesome with a different manufacturers coils but it will still be an improvement for sure. for best results, do carli coils and carli valved shocks.

Carli has mostly stopped using the bilsteins in the diesel applications for quality reasons.

Get the best shock you can afford with them that will give you the best results.

I know you are only looking for 2” but If you spend a lot of time on unimproved roads and wouldn’t mind the extra 1” to take you to 3” look full rear leafs. When I went to carli LT leafs that was the biggest wow change I’ve done to improve ride.

Leveled my dad's 2006 a few years back with Carli's 3" springs from their leveling kit. Already had the same Bilstein 5100s they use as well. Once back on the ground, I think the front end sits 3/4” higher in the front. Looks great!

Stock springs

bb510dbe9a96f601c8a37f74a6952483.jpg

Carli 3" springs.

772b45967c9d6abd85c8daec1cfdf45c.jpg

Last edited:
Get the best shock you can afford with them that will give you the best results.

I know you are only looking for 2” but If you spend a lot of time on unimproved roads and wouldn’t mind the extra 1” to take you to 3” look full rear leafs. When I went to carli LT leafs that was the biggest wow change I’ve done to improve ride.

I don't mind spending a little on shocks, but the jump from the FOX to KING's is insane. i cant justify the kings... no way.

im not going to lie, i am dead set on the thuren coils now, but now i am torn on shocks.

money USED to be no object, but a 1 year old daughter and another on the way sure changes things!!!

I have the thuren 2 inch coils and his cheaper overland shocks on my 2012. It seems to ride a little better but wish i would have boughten the better shocks. The 2'' lift is perfect tho.

thanks for sharing, i really feel like those shocks are garbage. if i was going to take the super cheap route i would keep the 5100's or buy a new pair of fronts only.

THUREN OVERLAND SHOCKS - PRODUCTS

they honestly looks like painted monroe junk.
I run 3" Thuren springs on both my 96 and 06 along with adjustable track bar . 06 is running Bilstein 5100 and Thuren Overland on the 96.

Thuren recently released 2.0 King ifp shocks that they say are targeted more for street and the 2.5 is better suited for off road.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The overlands are just a regular nitrogen shock that has valving to match thuren's coils. Your paying for the valving when you buy overlands basically.
I'd roll with the ifp's that howling mentioned for what you're using the truck for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

i was about to order them on the next paycheck.... grrrrrr

1994-2013 KING 2.0 IFP F/R SET

Product Code: TF-K20IFP-9413FR
$980.00
Qty:

Availability: OUT OF STOCK UNTIL MID FEBRUARY!!!

I got 3" carli coils and 4" full atlas leaf packs in the rear with fox 2.0 shocks . Everyone compliments the ride and the rougher the road the better it gets imho.
17757648_1599142580115091_691735951952564681_n.jpg

i run thuren 2" coils with a 5100...the shock at normal speed is slightly jarring, at speeds the truck rides great, one exception is that I do not run sway bars and it can seem a little boaty at times. it isn't too bad, nor is it uncontrollable but it is noticeable. I am considering the overland shock and reinstalling a front sway.

Has anyone ever happened to throw these shocks on a dyno? I got rid of my shock dyno a couple years ago so I can't do it at my place. Just curious to see the numbers on these shocks.

Personally I’d go with Thuren. Carli is not a bad company at all but I like Thuren overalll. Whatever you do get the springs and shocks (whatever size) from the same company so the sting rates and valving match up together. Don ( the owner at Thuren) is super helpful if you give them a call. He can line you out for whatever you jeed

Back