08 Dodge land speed effort.

bigtim44

Salt addict
Well we were supposed to run it at speedweek in August and missed that,so now we are refocused on World finals.The thrash is on ....AGAIN!
The truck is a 2008 Ram 2500 2wd with the 6.7 and a 6 speed.It was a salvage truck (hit an Elk)
Here's what we started with.
15609341_1X.jpg

After we fixed it up a wee bit.
photobucket-1674-1329366465263.jpg

Here it is after dropped spindles,cut coils and an axle flip,we also stuffed a quickchange in there too.
photobucket-21514-1339041324466.jpg

S&W race cars supplied a basic cage then we added to it.
Valair sent me one of their SFI spec'd triple disc clutches so we can transfer the power to the back wheels properly.The rearend is a winters Xtremeliner quick change with 2.0 ring and pinion with 1.2 -3.33 ratios possible from changing the spur gears.
photobucket-19723-1336703016241.jpg

The Motor has a Mountain High performance ported and polished head with their bigger valves and seats,Bill also cut O ring lands in the head and block for me so I could use Scheid's fire ring MLS gasket.I'm using MHP's cryo'd valve springs and fat pushrods too.We cut the intake off in the bridgeport and Fitted one of Joe Hellmann's intakes.
Here's some pics of the head
Peeling off the intake.
1336622838990.jpg

The head fresh from MHP
67stuff007.jpg

The longblock all in one piece.
67stuff013.jpg

Sean at SES in Denver prepped the the block fror me and assembled the longblock,I prepped up a set of brazil 12V rods for the motor,polished them up shotpeened them ,then Sean resized them and weight matched the pile.We balanced the crank too.Bill at MHP cryo'd the pistons,rods,bearings and oil pump.
There's a Hamilton Cam in there and Don at F1 prepped up a set of injectors with bigger nozzles.

Looks like a ton of work has been done. No wonder your post count is 5. I like the looks of it. Good luck. That thing should cruise nicely underneath an Elk now, so no worries.

The motor got dressed with a pair of turbos from Industrial Injection,and their dual CP3 pump setup,I'm feeding the dual pumps with an airdog II 200gpm lift pump.
Here's the hair dryer's before they were fitted.
photobucket-2088-1342835268477.jpg

Here' the motor back in its correct place.
photobucket-8085-1346906878759.jpg

Right now the motor is up and running,we have the cam broken in,I'm finishing off rear brakes and shock mounts then its out on the road to warm up the engine properly then come back in and do the first 'hot' head retorque.Then back out and get some miles on it round the doors.

Truck looks great. :rockwoot: I'd be surprised if they run World Finals in October. USFRA World of Speed just ended and there is a ton of water on the salt. With the heat of summer all but gone there, I'd be shocked if it dries up enough to race on again this year. They're still talking like the Cook shootout is going to happen but I really don't see how with all the moisture.

That motor looks incredible, what colour is that

Posted to compD via my magic four place toaster.

I'm always interested in seeing what the LSR guys do for wheels and tires. I wish I could contue my LSR dreams....but I'm broke. LOL

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I'm always interested in seeing what the LSR guys do for wheels and tires. I wish I could contue my LSR dreams....but I'm broke. LOL

GOOD LUCK!!!!

For racing I'm using steel 18 inch wheels with shaved dunlop vintage racing tires.Rears are 32 inches tall fronts are 30 inches tall.
On the street I'll be using the stock half ton steel 20 inch rims with whatever tire I can find on the cheap!

As for the engine paint ,I sprayed on a few coats of chevy orange engine paint then finished with a sparkly metallic orange that I found on the shelf at oreilly auto parts.

Back