Anyone done a Vinal Wrap?

I also got the vivid..... Pretty mcu junk IMO...

Di the whole youtube thing and just couldnt get it to work worth a crap. And anytime I hit it with a heat gun it would go from stiff to melted instantly. Still have some, but havent got around to trying it again with the bad weather now. I think it would look cool for sure, but Im starting to lean more to bedliner for durability purpose

When I bought this ugly little tdi beetle to bomb back and forth to work I wanted to change the color bad, it's that nasty green, seems like it would suck to wrap the round lil bastard, but I might try it this winter.

If you use a high quality vinyl and a heat gun a slow curve is pretty easy and turns out great. The guy that did mine said that's the biggest difference from a cheap vinyl to an expensive one is the ability to do a curve well. It's the tight curves and pockets that suck, like a fog light hole on a 2nd gen sport bumper, or the front sport grill.

My old truck was wrapped. I loved it. Pretty sturdy stuff too.

56F95A80-1A89-4D14-BF63-E27E4B6D7529-745-000001434AA69153_zps71fc6668.jpg

04804EB4-A276-469E-A9F1-9FA36B90A751_zpsurgxfeix.jpg

Yeah, a few months ago. I spent a bunch of money on the engine and stuff and it was doing what it was supposed to (949rwhp on full tilt) but the already built, rebuilt, and rebuilt again trans didn't want to play for some reason. It was fine if you rolled into it but if you just stomped on it, it would blow right thru the trans. I got mad and sold it rather than spending $10k for a 4R swap and another $5kish for some additional stuff it needed.

Back