Which compounds for 01 p24v?

DansDieselp24v

If not in the right section let me know.
I’m wanting to go from a single sxe s400 to compounds on my 01 p24v. The setup that I really want to go to is something like a s366/73 .91 and like a 483/96 1.32 or? A buddy is selling a basically brand new gt5088 (88/94 1.08) but I think that will be too big for the street? I don’t want it to be a smoke train like it is now. It doesn't do anything until like 2500 rpm. It’s not a daily driver but I do drive it often. Is it possible to spool a setup like that and not just smoke forever and then light like my s400 does? No real horsepower goal in mind. The truck has a maxed 215 pump, comp dvs, 7x.013s, 188/220 cam, non ported head, fire rings and studs. Thanks for the help.

The right secondary (ie; not that turd tubine s366) and ditching the comp delivery valves would go a long way. I have a 66/68 and an 86/100, needs some more pump tuning but does not drive that bad. That 6 speed is going to be your downfall.

There are two turbine trims available for the GT50 89/99mm and 91/99mm, either in a 1.08AR housing will react similar to the S400 88/96mm turbine in a 1.32AR housing.

The buddy that has the gt50 for sale ran that setup on his truck and he loved it, but he also has a fully built motor and head. I would love to ditch the 6 speed and go with a 47 or 48. But I cant drop 7-9k for a tranny that will last right now. To many school loans.. What would be a better option than the 66/74?Would you say go with something like a 66/68 like yours? What dvs would you recommend?

I was offered a sxe 369 trade offer for my sxe 72 im assuming it would be a lot laggier but I don't know much about the sxe 369s. I highly doubt I trade but it just peaked my interest. Seems like guys really like them but I haven't heard how the spool is compared to a 66. Anybody have experience with 369s in compounds?

Ive heard of guys running 69/88 compounds and loving it, those are guys making north of 1k though

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yea I figured it would be north of 1k, heck I think the 66/88 guys are north of 1k. Just kinda curious how much laggier something like that would be. ehines218 how do you like it as a single?

Its on a vp truck but runs good. Has more air then i can use thats for sure. I went with the .91 housig and its a little laggy but ive heard awesome reviews about the .84

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good deal, one day I would like to run a 69/88 setup on a 6.7 and see how they go. The guy with the sxe369 that wanted to trade me wanted to trade straight up. Mine being basically new with 460 miles and his having a few thousand on it I couldn't take that much of a loss so I declined. Prolly better it didn't happen, I think my bottom end would hate me..:lolly: Looks like ill be sticking with my 72 and change the exhaust housing to a .90

Back